Uconn hoops add Texas home and home series | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn hoops add Texas home and home series

Reaction Score
I wasn’t but I’ve been there plenty of times and I’m sure it was awesome in 2004 and I’m sure it will be awesome in 2024 but it ain’t Austin. It’s more about the arena than the city, why would the FF and superbowl be in Detroit.
I've never been to Austin, but I can't imagine a better site than SA was in 2004. Granted that's twenty years ago, has it changed that much?

Reaction Score
I've never been to Austin but I'm sure it's a nice city and could do a good job hosting a Final Four. But San Antonio in 2004 was my favorite Final Four city. I liked that you could walk everywhere. There were also enough hotels downtown to accommodate everyone. A friend of mine already made a reservation for the Final Four in 2025.

The River Walk was a perfect place for all the fans and media to hang out. Just big enough to fit everyone with plenty of restaurants and bars. But small and intimate enough so you got to see lots of people - media, other teams' fans, former players, etc. I hate the Final Fours in Houston, Dallas and Glendale. Everything is just too spread out with no central place and you can't walk everywhere.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Why do we always always always travel first?

Can't someone come here?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've never been to Austin, but I can't imagine a better site than SA was in 2004. Granted that's twenty years ago, has it changed that much?

I stayed in Austin, drove to San Antonio

Saved thousands

Anywhere the University of Texas is has to be an awesome college town

Reaction Score
I’ll be at this one, and checking out Austin for the first time. One of the last US bucket list destinations left.

As for UT, they had talent last year but had no identity and discombobulated in every facet of the game. Terry is not a good coach. I’d expect more of same - talented underachieving team.

Kaluma btw, not a winning basketball player, just an NIL mercenary at this point. No hoops IQ.

Reaction Score
It's a top 25 roster, Tre Johnson should be lottery pick, but asking for a guarantee is tough. Hard to know how well the new team will mesh before seeing it live.

I'm sure Texas has a gorgeous arena and campus though, Texas BBQ, it might be worth making the trip just to check it out.
Seems to be it's a Top 25 roster. We'll see.

22. Texas Longhorns

Previous ranking: Next in line

Texas has been bouncing in and out of the Way-Too-Early Top 25 for much of the spring, but Kansas State transfer Arthur Kaluma committing in late June secured the Longhorns their latest spot in the rankings. Rodney Terry has loaded his roster with talented scorers, led by Jordan Pope (Oregon State), Tramon Mark (Arkansas), Kaluma and top-five recruit Tre Johnson. Jayson Kent (Indiana State) and Kadin Shedrick will anchor the defense.

Projected starting lineup

Jordan Pope (17.6 PPG at Oregon State)
Tramon Mark (16.2 PPG at Arkansas)
Tre Johnson (No. 5 in ESPN 100)
Jayson Kent (13.5 PPG at Indiana State)
Kadin Shedrick (7.7 PPG)

This ranking is based on Rodney Terry's Longhorns returning two of the top six scorers - specifically Kadin Shedrick and Chendall Weaver - from a team that secured a No. 7 seed in the 2024 NCAA Tournament. A top-25 recruiting class headlined by five-star guard Tre Johnson, Arkansas transfer Tramon Mark and Oregon State transfer Jordan Pope should be enough to get Texas to a fifth straight NCAA Tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom