Uconn hoops add Texas home and home series | The Boneyard

Uconn hoops add Texas home and home series

Reaction Score
Thinking of making a weekend out of this one. How good will Texas really be? Only want to go if they have a serious shot at being a top 20 caliber team

Finished KenPom 25 last year, 7 seed, round of 32 exit. They lost most of their production to graduations or transfers: Brock Cunningham, Dylan Disu, Max Abmas all graduated while Tyrese Hunter and Dillon Mitchell transferred (although they transferred down, to Memphis and Cincinatti)

They return Kadin Shedrick and Chendall Weaver (fifth and six scorers last year), while adding a top frosh 10 SG, Tramon Mark (Arkansas) and Jordan Pope (Oregon State).

Seems to me net / net, if not worse this year. Torvik pre-season algorithm has them at 12 fwiw

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Thinking of making a weekend out of this one. How good will Texas really be? Only want to go if they have a serious shot at being a top 20 caliber team

Finished KenPom 25 last year, 7 seed, round of 32 exit. They lost most of their production to graduations or transfers: Brock Cunningham, Dylan Disu, Max Abmas all graduated while Tyrese Hunter and Dillon Mitchell transferred (although they transferred down, to Memphis and Cincinatti)

They return Kadin Shedrick and Chendall Weaver (fifth and six scorers last year), while adding a top frosh 10 SG, Tramon Mark (Arkansas) and Jordan Pope (Oregon State).

Seems to me net / net, if not worse this year. Torvik pre-season algorithm has them at 12 fwiw
It's a top 25 roster, Tre Johnson should be lottery pick, but asking for a guarantee is tough. Hard to know how well the new team will mesh before seeing it live.

I'm sure Texas has a gorgeous arena and campus though, Texas BBQ, it might be worth making the trip just to check it out.

Reaction Score

They also brought in our former foe Arthur Kaluma who was at Creighton and most recently Kansas St.

Reaction Score
It's a top 25 roster, Tre Johnson should be lottery pick, but asking for a guarantee is tough. Hard to know how well the new team will mesh before seeing it live.

I'm sure Texas has a gorgeous arena and campus though, Texas BBQ, it might be worth making the trip just to check it out.
Love the campus and Texas bbq. Been telling my fiance for a while I'd take her, so I think it makes sense. Helpful to have your sense check that they'll at least be decent

Reaction Score
Was just in Austin awesome city and very friendly people. My brother lives in Georgetown. Would love to make that trip, the final four would be far better in Austin than SA.

Reaction Score

Finished KenPom 25 last year, 7 seed, round of 32 exit. They lost most of their production to graduations or transfers: Brock Cunningham, Dylan Disu, Max Abmas all graduated while Tyrese Hunter and Dillon Mitchell transferred (although they transferred WAY down, to Memphis and Cincinatti)

FIFY

Reaction Score
Was just in Austin awesome city and very friendly people. My brother lives in Georgetown. Would love to make that trip, the final four would be far better in Austin than SA.

Were you in SA in 2004?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Love the campus and Texas bbq. Been telling my fiance for a while I'd take her, so I think it makes sense. Helpful to have your sense check that they'll at least be decent
If it makes you feel better, Terry will probably not make it to 2026 if they aren’t decent.

Reaction Score
have you been to SA? Charles Barkeley says it's his favorite city to visit during the playoffs.

Reaction Score
have you been to SA? Charles Barkeley says it's his favorite city to visit during the playoffs.
I have and it’s a nice city but it ain’t Austin.

Reaction Score
Were you in SA in 2004?
I wasn’t but I’ve been there plenty of times and I’m sure it was awesome in 2004 and I’m sure it will be awesome in 2024 but it ain’t Austin. It’s more about the arena than the city, why would the FF and superbowl be in Detroit.

Reaction Score
I guess I’ll be heading to Austin in December. Glad they are coming back to Texas.

And, SA is a great final four. Better than Dallas and Houston, and Austin would not be as good. Austin is a nice city but not big enough to handle a final four.

UT’s campus is nice. I have not been to the new arena (opened in the last 2 years) which is smaller than the previous one that we played at the last several times. Best BBQ is a short drive from Austin proper but you can find decent in town too.

Reaction Score
I guess I’ll be heading to Austin in December. Glad they are coming back to Texas.

And, SA is a great final four. Better than Dallas and Houston, and Austin would not be as good. Austin is a nice city but not big enough to handle a final four.

UT’s campus is nice. I have not been to the new arena (opened in the last 2 years) which is smaller than the previous one that we played at the last several times. Best BBQ is a short drive from Austin proper but you can find decent in town too.
I've never been to Austin but I'm sure it's a nice city and could do a good job hosting a Final Four. But San Antonio in 2004 was my favorite Final Four city. I liked that you could walk everywhere. There were also enough hotels downtown to accommodate everyone. A friend of mine already made a reservation for the Final Four in 2025.

The River Walk was a perfect place for all the fans and media to hang out. Just big enough to fit everyone with plenty of restaurants and bars. But small and intimate enough so you got to see lots of people - media, other teams' fans, former players, etc. I hate the Final Fours in Houston, Dallas and Glendale. Everything is just too spread out with no central place and you can't walk everywhere.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t but I’ve been there plenty of times and I’m sure it was awesome in 2004 and I’m sure it will be awesome in 2024 but it ain’t Austin. It’s more about the arena than the city, why would the FF and superbowl be in Detroit.
I've never been to Austin, but I can't imagine a better site than SA was in 2004. Granted that's twenty years ago, has it changed that much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom