UConn Hockey Entering New Era In Packed House At Penn State (M. Anthony) | The Boneyard

UConn Hockey Entering New Era In Packed House At Penn State (M. Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-penn-state-hockey-1010-20141009-story.html

>>The UConn hockey team will step onto the ice and into a new era Friday night at sold-out Pegula Ice Arena, which opened last season as the centerpiece to Penn State's own bold hockey endeavor and a move to the Big Ten.

With every standing-room ticket sold and capacity listed at 5,972, more than 6,000 fans are expected. This is a nonconference game, but UConn will skate for the first time as a member of Hockey East and the buzz that came with a 2012 announcement will have, in some ways, finally moved from the back burner to the front.<<

>>The largest crowd UConn played in front of last season was 3,911 at Minnesota State. The Friday and Saturday crowds will be the biggest the Huskies have seen since 7,123 at UMass for the 2012-13 season opener.

"Regardless of being home or away, being in front of 6,000 people is exciting," Poe said. "Some people might be nervous but, personally, I like the energy."<<

Reaction Score
Huskies played them at home 2 years ago, in Penn State's first varsity season (I think). UConn won both games but they were very good hockey games.

Reaction Score
It'll be a good litmus test for the HE road environments they'll see with regularity among the big time Hockey East schools. A win or a tie from the weekend would be a solid result this early.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Too bad there's no TV. Per the HC it'll be on WHUS 91.7. I'll listen on the net, though I doubt I'll listen to the entire game online. Hopefully a good showing will be a minor audition for our "future" conference mates. I did check the BTN programming guide online as a double check, but no hockey there until later in Oct. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Too bad there's no TV. Per the HC it'll be on WHUS 91.7. I'll listen on the net, though I doubt I'll listen to the entire game online. Hopefully a good showing will be a minor audition for our "future" conference mates. I did check the BTN programming guide online as a double check, but no hockey there until later in Oct. Oh well.

@UConnHuskies: @UConnMHOC starts season tonight at 7 pm vs. @PennStateMHKY..can be heard on @whusradio WHUS.org and on @tunein

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Shouldn't they wait until we have a home game. It's like holding a birthday party for someone who's not there. Odd, but any publicity is good publicity, even if it is self serving.

Reaction Score
@PennStateMHKY: Tonight's attendance: 6,107. Thank you #PennState fans for selling out @PegulaIceArena for the 17th time! #WeAre #HockeyValley

Reaction Score
Final after OT 2-2. PSU w/ tying goal after pulling goalie under 1 minute left.

UConn wins shootout 2-1 but still goes into books as 2-2 tie.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great game! We really turned our game around when we came out for the 2nd period and now that we got our feet wet let's focus on getting ourselves a W tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Anyone know why in College Hockey they play a shootout if it's still going to be a tie?

Reaction Score
Anyone know why in College Hockey they play a shootout if it's still going to be a tie?
Only the B1G and NCHC do it, it's not an NCAA rule, so for the purposes of the record used for NCAA Pairwise, it goes in as a tie. Shootout is for the hell of it, and during B1G and NCHC conference games, teams get an extra conference point for conference standings only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom