OT: - UConn history question (what was that restaurant???) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn history question (what was that restaurant???)

Reaction Score
My girlfriend used to wait tables at a place called Uncle Ds log cabin (I believe) in 02. It was a pretty cool place. I may be getting name wrong though

Reaction Score
My husband owned Cup o Sun in the 1980's. It was a money maker before UConn had weekend meal plans.
I tell my kids, who are in college now, that we had no meal plan on the weekend and had to fend for ourselves. Lots of Ramen Noodles, Subway from the trailer in South lot, Jonathan's, or Pizza Stop. They shake their heads in disbelief, LOL!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish it were still there every time I visit Storrs.
For broke me, going to KJ's was a treat. But it died a deserving death. The last few times I went it was horrible. They weren't even trying.

Reaction Score
My husband owned Cup o Sun in the 1980's. It was a money maker before UConn had weekend meal

For broke me, going to KJ's was a treat. But it died a deserving death. The last few times I went it was horrible. They weren't even trying.
It went downhill around 1979

cwh20

Six is good!
Reaction Score
I tell my kids, who are in college now, that we had no meal plan on the weekend and had to fend for ourselves. Lots of Ramen Noodles, Subway from the trailer in South lot, Jonathan's, or Pizza Stop. They shake their heads in disbelief, LOL!
We’d go to the A&P (right next to Rapps) and buy some food and then whoever was hanging out from the floor on the weekend would often came over and bring in stuff and we’d cook it all up (in the bathroom) and have a buffet. I remember 7/11 runs for post midnight burritos too. Good times!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom