UConn Highlights: Stanley Robinson Dunks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Stanley Robinson Dunks

Reaction Score
Watching our games I kind of forgot what dunking looked like, thanks for the reminder. Imagine what Sticks could have done if he was a Big East caliber athlete.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch video but his windmill vs cuse in the 6 OT is his most iconic dunk.

He also only takes 1 dribble from half court to doing the windmill on that dunk.
Watch the video, he has a bunch of way better dunks than that. The tip dunk against Providence is one of the best dunks you'll ever see.

Reaction Score
Watch the video, he has a bunch of way better dunks than that. The tip dunk against Providence is one of the best dunks you'll ever see.

Knowing sticks personally that's his iconic dunk. I didn't say best. He practiced the windmill religiously and that one was as close to perfect for in game windmill.

4 years ago he went to campus to get a copy of that 6 OT game and not to rewatch the game but to play the dunk over and over again

Reaction Score
I'll always remember Bilas gushing about Sticks the entire first round game as Stanley dunked about 10 times. Welcome to the Stanley Robinson show!

Reaction Score
Such a great compilation video!

I was going to go grab my usual afternoon coffee but I'm all woke up now.

So many of those alley-oops you look at the pass and say "that's way too high to get"… but then he goes and gets all of them effortlessly...

Reaction Score
The put-back dunk against Michigan State in the '09 final four will always be #1 for me. There were literally like eight guys in the paint and he just went to a higher floor. What happened afterwards kind of dampens the impact, but if you could freeze that moment in time it has to be one of the biggest surges of adrenaline in UConn history considering the stakes.

Reaction Score
Did you forget UCF actually beat UConn when we were in the BE?
That was shocking. But Uconn still, thus far, owns the career series 10-1. If you give a team enough cracks, they are bound to get it right at some point....I kid of course....UCF could shorten the gap this year...ugh.

Reaction Score
I did neglect a very good dunk due to the fact that it was the in Virginia Tech game that they lost in the NIT and I wanted to end on the senior night dunks against Louisville. But it still should be seen - here's a gif of it:

Reaction Score
I did neglect a very good dunk due to the fact that it was the in Virginia Tech game that they lost in the NIT and I wanted to end on the senior night dunks against Louisville. But it still should be seen - here's a gif of it:

VTech was number one at one point?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That was fun.
Stanley was quick.
He knew where the basket was, and knew how to get there.
He was blessed with seemingly effortless ups, and his timing was impeccable.
Plus, he was a nice kid.

I loved the LSU player about 30 seconds in looking at the ref like, "Is he allowed to do that?"
Big Baby Davis!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

That’s special right there!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
A collection of some of Stanley's best dunks from his freshman, sophomore, junior and senior seasons.

LMAO.

SR dunking and doing his usual way over the top scream in the opponents face has Glen Davis (@ 0:30 mark) with the funniest face to the ref I've ever seen in game, good times.

Reaction Score

Was that Gavin sealing off the defender?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think Stanley invented the finger roll dunk in that Va Tech game.

Reaction Score
Imagine how good this video would be if he actually had Big East level athleticism...

Reaction Score
I feel for the current UConn college students.

We had some loaded teams, full of excitement and often domination. Had a fiery and demanding Coach along with fan pandemonium at every game. It was a mountaintop experience for a couple of decades.

We've got to get back to our roots!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
A collection of some of Stanley's best dunks from his freshman, sophomore, junior and senior seasons.

this video reminded of how mean stanley and the '09 team were. they didn't take any crap and they imposed their will on every team. i loved when he yelled after each dunk. Idea - a mix of all the moments UConn bullied teams. Dunks, Blocks, hard fouls, trash talk, etc. We need it

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sticks definitely has to go down as the all time leader in college BB dunk screams. He is the master of dunk screaming!

Reaction Score
The put-back dunk against Michigan State in the '09 final four will always be #1 for me. There were literally like eight guys in the paint and he just went to a higher floor. What happened afterwards kind of dampens the impact, but if you could freeze that moment in time it has to be one of the biggest surges of adrenaline in UConn history considering the stakes.

Sticks played on the same team as Summers in Chile and sticks said to him "you know I blocked you on that dunk" and summers laughed and said "I know but everyone thinks I dunked on you"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom