UConn Highlights: Stanley Robinson Dunks | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Stanley Robinson Dunks

Reaction Score
The Providence dunk at around 2 minutes was sick.

But my favorite Stanley dunk of all time was when he brought them back to a 3 point deficit late in the Final4 game vs. Michigan State. That was such an impressive dunk on the big stage.

The most iconic dunk of his though was against #1 Texas!

Also noticed UConn was down 43-22 to Notre Dame in a game his freshman year. Yikes.

Unfortunately, Stanley was not that athletic.

Reaction Score
A collection of some of Stanley's best dunks from his freshman, sophomore, junior and senior seasons.

The fact that this video is 12 minutes is absolutely crazy. I know you (I think it was you) did a ticker on Rashad Anderson 3's, any idea on the dunk count for Sticks?

Reaction Score
Lights out . Emphatic and amazing athleticism and skill. Such power and dominance. With the send it in shout every time.

The lineups, whoa!, on the floor with Adrien and Thabeet, Price and Dyson and Walker and I know I missed some.

This is what people are talking about when they note the changes they are seeing with the program from the BEAST in the EAST to today. Let's Go Huskies!

Great job tcf15, this gets my blood flowing. Thank you for this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
God - what I would do to get another athlete like that in a UConn jersey. He wears the crown imo

Reaction Score
Lights out . Emphatic and amazing athleticism, skill, and dominance. With the send it in shout every time.

The lineups, whoa!, on the floor with Adrien and Thabeet, Price and Dyson and Walker and I know I missed some.

This is what people are talking about when they note the changes they are seeing with the program from the BEAST in the EAST to today. Let's Go Huskies!

Top 50 players all of them, with the exception of maybe Thabeet, but Thabeet was also heavily recruited. I know Louisville wanted him pretty badly. That's 6 highly recruited players.

Reaction Score
THAT was UConn basketball. Now we struggle against the likes of Columbia, Monmouth and Coppin State. My god it would be great to just be relevant again.

Stanley was a very gifted player. A shame he couldn't harness all that ability and stick in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I tried to like this post twice but it turns out that actually unlikes it.

I love how Stanley does the exact same war-cry on many of the dunks.

Reaction Score
The fact that this video is 12 minutes is absolutely crazy. I know you (I think it was you) did a ticker on Rashad Anderson 3's, any idea on the dunk count for Sticks?
Don't have an official count but it's definitely over 100.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UCF gone from November patsy to in-conference league contender. Woof. This young man could absolutely fly and had such nose for the offensive glass. I think we’ve had like 3 put back slams the entire KO era

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
tcf15 - thanks for your contributions to the BY. Much appreciated. I tried to pick a favorite but there were too many. I guess I'll pick the one hander and one vs. Cincy at the 11:30 mark of the video. Also, I noticed how many of his dunks were followed by an immediate time out by the opponent. Sticks could get the UConn faithful very rowdy. Lastly, Sticks should have gone to the Flint Tropics. Jackie Moon would have made him a star.

Reaction Score
@tcf15 really appreciate the video, one of my all time favorites to watch.

I have been saying for a couple of years now that we just don't see this type of aggressive "in your face" kind of dunks (I know, not a hard observation to see), BUT my point is a little deeper. During the last half decade, we all get excited for these up and coming talents that seem to be ready to jump off the page. We see dunking in pregames, some flashes during highlight videos, but come regular season game time, it seems all of our players individual talents do not show. When I watch the team in the past few years, it seems many of the players are doing more to try and be in the right place, rather than JUST PLAYING BASKETBALL. I understand they are all young and need time to mold, so maybe that's one reason. But it doesn't explain why no one dunks with authority (I love Brimah, but those lob/dunks were not anything near Edmund Saunders, Rudy Gay, Hilton, Villnueva, and Stanely and co.). NOTE - I'm not comparing talent of our current players, but simply the attitude of getting the ball through the hoop on some chumps face.

My question is this: are we over valuing the individual talent of each player, aka do we not have anyone on the roster who has that aggressive mindset? Or are the players trying to hard to get "it" right, rather than going out and playing their game to their level of talent that got them to DI in the first place?

Reaction Score
Stanley didn't give a damn who was under the basket for the rebound. He just dunked over everyone including his own teammates - Jeff Adrien in particular LOL.

These days we'd be happy to see more than one guy under the basket fighting for a rebound.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
That was fun.
Stanley was quick.
He knew where the basket was, and knew how to get there.
He was blessed with seemingly effortless ups, and his timing was impeccable.
Plus, he was a nice kid.

I loved the LSU player about 30 seconds in looking at the ref like, "Is he allowed to do that?"

Reaction Score
Didn't watch video but his windmill vs cuse in the 6 OT is his most iconic dunk.

He also only takes 1 dribble from half court to doing the windmill on that dunk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom