UConn Highlights: Jalen Gaffney - Freshman Season (2019-2020) | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Jalen Gaffney - Freshman Season (2019-2020)

Reaction Score
Yeah, Jalen Gaffney is going to be really good in his second season. Thank you @tcf15 for putting this together. Really a showcase of how talented, quick, smart, and composed Jalen Gaffney plays. Going to be fun next year with him and Cole at the point, plus just in 3 guard sets etc.

Reaction Score
My favorite thing about Jalen right now is how happy he was to be a part of this team and what it was able to eventually put together while also being very disappointed by his individual freshman year performance. For the record, I think he’s being too hard on himself, but I appreciate the determination.

Last edited:

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
He went from looking timid and like he didn't belong on the court to being one of the most composed players on the team. It was really nice to see how far JG was able to come. Love his reverse layup game.

Reaction Score
Such a
My favorite thing about Jalen right now is how happy he was to be a part of this team and what it was able to eventually put together while also being very disappointed by his individual freshman year performance. For the record, I think he’s being too hard on himself, but I appreciate the determination.
Such a nice post, thank you.

Reaction Score
Great work as always. I feel like Gaffney is gonna be such a great member of this team next year. He has that calming presence on offense and takes smart shots and rarely turns it over. If he can get better at ball defense and attack the rim a couple more times per game that’d be ideal. He was asked to do a lot as a freshman and was a big part of getting the close wins. He’s got a great stroke from outside and he’s performing exactly as many would want, not to force 3s, work an open shot and sink it if you’re open. I’ll reiterate it again, the only 4 minor things he should work to improve on is, on ball D, attacking the rim a little more often, eliminating the jump pass, and working on FTs. Not a terrible FT shooter but would be really effective if he could get mid 80s.

Reaction Score
Chemistry with bouk and whaley is noticeable even early in the season. Gonna be a fun group to watch out there.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Looking forward to seeing him facilitate with the talent we'll have on the floor next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom