UConn Highlights: Isaiah Whaley - Junior Season (2019-2020) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Isaiah Whaley - Junior Season (2019-2020)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yes, Whaley and Carlton both definitely have a shot ;)
Strange how 15-20 years ago a guy like Carlton could have left after last year and been a mid-1st round guy based on his size alone. Not the case in today’s game.

Reaction Score
One time for Pork Chop from the Gas House, NC
He is looking good and I am excited to see his progress next season.

Reaction Score
If Isaiah Whaley walks onto the court next year nailing 3's I will start crying
Whaley is really shooting well from 3 in this drill.
I counted Whaley as 9 for 14 from 3 after they re-started the drill.
Sounds right. If he didn’t shoot the best percentage of anyone, it was at least pretty close
Observations from open practice last October...

Since you can't buy Tyler Phommachanh maybe take the time to stock up on a box of tissues to wipe your tears away.

Reaction Score
Observations from open practice last October...

Since you can't buy Tyler Phommachanh maybe take the time to stock up on a box of tissues to wipe your tears away.
Ha yeah, after watching open practice I was waiting all year for Whaley to attempt a 3. Can't believe it didn't happen! Maybe next year..

Reaction Score
Ha yeah, after watching open practice I was waiting all year for Whaley to attempt a 3. Can't believe it didn't happen! Maybe next year..
I think he he still needs to develop the muscle memory to hit 2s and 3s in game. In a practice setting we've seen him shoot consistently.

In games, under pressure, I think he's rushed at times and that's why we've seen some insistent bricks and air balls.

Hopefully one more off-season and he feels comfortable in game.

Reaction Score
Re: shooting threes... given his form I see no reason he can't hit threes especially from the corner.

Re: taking the 15-18 footer... saying he has to hit 50% is an oversimplification. As long as a pick and roll leaves him wide open and he hits a decent amount the shot is fine if not great offense. Bigger picture, you want to force the defense to react to him which will only happen if he is willing to take that shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom