UConn Highlights: Cliff Robinson | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Cliff Robinson

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Here is hoping that one of our incoming but unknown big men can develop that kind of offensive talent!

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he is a Dom Perno recruit.

Like a night and day difference between some of the talent at UConn today and the talent back then.

Reaction Score
Quick question, Cliff was a tremendous NBA player, but he was before my time when he played at Uconn, was he as good at Uconn?

Could someone give me a run down of who he was at Uconn and what type of impact he made?

Talk about a guy who would thrive in today's game, my god.

Reaction Score
Cliff was very skilled but a bit unrefined. A key member of the NIT championship NIT in 88. He was a bona fide star and many were surprised when he slipped to the second round of the 89 draft. Great mid range and low post games. He lasted a long time in the NBA to the point where he is high on several all time lists like games played etc.

pj

Reaction Score
Quick question, Cliff was a tremendous NBA player, but he was before my time when he played at UConn, was he as good at UConn?

Could someone give me a run down of who he was at UConn and what type of impact he made?

Talk about a guy who would thrive in today's game, my god.

Imagine Deandre Daniels, bigger and better at everything from 15 feet in. Senior year he averaged 20 points and 7.4 rebounds despite constant double teams, almost as many steals as turnovers. Would have loved to see him on some of the later teams with more talent.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Cliff was very skilled but a bit unrefined. A key member of the NIT championship NIT in 88. He was a bona fide star and many were surprised when he slipped to the second round of the 89 draft. Great mid range and low post games. He lasted a long time in the NBA to the point where he is high on several all time lists like games played etc.
Ironically correct phrasing.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he is a Dom Perno recruit.

Like a night and day difference between some of the talent at UConn today and the talent back then.
Cliff would be an incredible addition as would Phil
With those two and our backcourt wow
Does anyone ever say Calhoun won the NIT with Perno players.
Isn't that Pikell with the potential TO that Cliff turned into a basket
He also inherited Tate, Phil Gamble, Jeff King , and Spider Ursery
I love spider if he played only a couple of minutes he seemed to always make a key baseline jumper.

Reaction Score
Obviously, because it's a highlight reel, we're only seeing successful offensive possessions. But regardless, the pace of play back then looks so much quicker than what we're used to today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom