UConn Highlights: Charlie Villanueva Freshman Season (2003-2004) | The Boneyard

UConn Highlights: Charlie Villanueva Freshman Season (2003-2004)

Reaction Score
For someone who was here for a relatively short time, I have lots of vivid memories of him.

His first game, after a lengthy, ridiculous suspsension, was against Army. The crowd was crazy-hyped for him to get in and he promptly hit a long top-of-the-key 3 on his first touch. His rebounding against 'Bama was incredible and helped fuel our break in that near perfect offensive performance and his soph year he had some games where he looked like the best player in the country (against Cuse comes to mind.)

I'll say that he may have been our most talented player here pound-for-pound. It was super rare for him to put everything together, but when he did he was a 6-11 guy hitting 3's, blocking shots, throwing no-look passes, dominating the boards, and having a very advanced post game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For someone who was here for a relatively short time, I have lots of vivid memories of him.

His first game, after a lengthy, ridiculous suspsension, was against Army. The crowd was crazy-hyped for him to get in and he promptly hit a long top-of-the-key 3 on his first touch. His rebounding against 'Bama was incredible and helped fuel our break in that near perfect offensive performance and his soph year he had some games where he looked like the best player in the country (against Cuse comes to mind.)

I'll say that he may have been our most talented player here pound-for-pound. It was super rare for him to put everything together, but when he did he was a 6-11 guy hitting 3's, blocking shots, throwing no-look passes, dominating the boards, and having a very advanced post game.
That three is burned into my memory for some reason. He is overlooked a lot considering the talent he was surrounded by his 2 years here but he was damn good player and had a very nice NBA career.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My first Charlie V memory is of him being toward the back of a group that was all in a scrum for possession of the ball. He sort of reached out and slapped the ball forward with his hand, ran though the crowd like a RB, and beat them all down the court for an uncontested basket.

Reaction Score
I always liked Charlie. The other thing about him was that he played with an edge. Something that has been missing from this team for the last few years I would say since Boatright left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom