UConn has NOT applied to any conferences | The Boneyard

UConn has NOT applied to any conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Herbst: UConn taking calls, weighing options on athletic conference

STORRS, Conn. —University of Connecticut President Susan Herbst says she is receiving inquiries from across the country as the school considers which athletic conference might make the best fit for the school....

Herbst, in an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, said the school has not yet applied to join any conference and had not ruled out staying in the Big East....

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news...options-on-athletic-conference?mobRedir=false

Anyone have a link to the AP interview, I can't find it?

Reaction Score
I know. Which sucks, because the ACC is waiting on something and nobody has a clue as to what that something is- nd, texas, big east, big 12, what kind of pizza marinate will order for lunch.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know. Which sucks, because the ACC is waiting on something and nobody has a clue as to what that something is- nd, texas, big east, big 12, what kind of pizza marinate will order for lunch.
Your vague guesses are probably accurate even if not certain. The moves have been made that started the ball rolling. Now other things have to take place before further actions take place. Anything is possible, from one more team to the SEC and everything stops on the one hand to the PAC and ACC pulling a trigger on a 16 conference team. And who knows what is going on at the B1G. They may feel they are all set or they may be evaluating things and in 20 minutes it is announced UConn and Rutgers have been invited to join the B1G.

This will all end soon enough and we'll have time to catch our collective breaths.

Reaction Score
Next domino is prob OU and Texas by October 1st, then it will heat up for us, one way or another.

Reaction Score
I can't see the sec standing pat at 13 that's a logistical problem long term. You have to wonder if Missourigts invited or Egypt is revisited if mu gets a b1g invite.

Reaction Score
The ACC is waiting on the Leprechauns. Colin Cowherd was talking throughout his ESPN Radio program today that if the superconferences go into effect, no one will want to schedule the Domers. If the Pac-16 stays with 9 conference games, USC & Stanfors will want 2 guaranteed OOC homegame patsies every year as their conference schedules will bee too tough. Ditto with Michigan, Michigan State, & Purdue. If that's the case, scheduling ND will go by the boards unless ND joins the B1G.

Reaction Score
Written application=acceptance. This follows a verbal "application" that sounds like, "If we file a written application would we be accepted"? Response="Sure, we'll announce it on Sunday," or "Don't bother, your academics suck."

Reaction Score
The ACC is waiting on the Leprechauns. Colin Cowherd was talking throughout his ESPN Radio program today that if the superconferences go into effect, no one will want to schedule the Domers. If the Pac-16 stays with 9 conference games, USC & Stanfors will want 2 guaranteed OOC homegame patsies every year as their conference schedules will bee too tough. Ditto with Michigan, Michigan State, & Purdue. If that's the case, scheduling ND will go by the boards unless ND joins the B1G.

I have trouble thinking that ND will a problem scheduling. If the "pod" model becomes standard, teams will not have a greater in-conference burden then they do now. ND usually plays 10 BCS opponents and 2 service academies. Some years they play 1-2 non BCS or service academy opponents. Their BCS opponents are weighted in the Big10, Pac-12, ACC and Big East. I fail to see how this would drastically change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom