UConn got airtime on both Around The Horn & PTI today | The Boneyard

UConn got airtime on both Around The Horn & PTI today

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Watching on a TV with no sound of closed captioning. They are talking about the end of the game / Hurley ejection.

Don't know what they are saying. But it doesn't matter. They are talking about UConn.

It's great to have UConn MBB be "headline" news again (for a good reason) in the sports world.

I have this feeling we're going to be getting a lot more national airtime on talk shows the next 6 weeks....

Reaction Score
That show still exists? Who in the hell is watching that crapola?

I just turned it on to see if they would talk about it. As soon as I turned it on they started talking about it. The people on the show as guests are very different. Cowlishaw and blackistone, but thats it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Defector's daily newsletter had a nice UConn blurb today, specifically R.J. Cole who was named Your March Madness Future Guy Of The Day. "Your March Madness Future Guy Of The Day" is a possibly recurring feature that will highlight players set to compete in the upcoming NCAA Tournament who, in the future, might make you go, "I remember that guy."

After a recap of Cole's heroic last few seconds it says: "March seems to be a pretty solid month for UConn dudes making clutch plays. The strong intuition I feel, based on this performance, about Cole being a guy who could fill the shoes of Walker or Napier is what makes him today's Your March Madness Future Guy Of The Day."

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
As far as the block/charge goes I say tough cookies. Good guys caught a break. Nova’s guards commit offensive fouls on most of their possessions. I watched the game again on replay and I know they can’t call everything but goodness they get away with a lot.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
“ you’re all a bunch of blow jobs”

That is the scuttle of hurleys comments to refs during ejectiongate

True? Not sure

Smart if true? No. Probably not.

Do I love it? Yes!

Also who says that? It’s definitely going in my bag now though.

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can be worrying about the block/charge decision. It looks like a pretty obvious charge, and if it wasn't a charge then it was a no call because Gillespie had lost possession before he crashed into RJ and the ball just went OB.

If Nova got screwed, it was on the held ball call.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it I don't think Hurley is much more animated than other coaches that get bent over a barrel. It'll all even out in the long run. I'd like to see this in slow-mo though. "y o u ' r e a l l a b u n c h o f b l o w . . . . "

Also, who is the dude in this vid right after showing Hurley?

Reaction Score
Video shows it from the baseline, pretty close too. Hard to get mad at a charge call from this angle.

Posted this in the other thread, but yeah, it's not particularly controversial when you slow it down from a good angle. The live TV angle was just the worst possible angle.

pZVVz6.gif

Reaction Score
Posted this in the other thread, but yeah, it's not particularly controversial when you slow it down from a good angle. The live TV angle was just the worst possible angle.

pZVVz6.gif
He first travelled and then was out of control and initiated the contact into the defender who was in much more of a controlled state. It's a charge all day long.

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can be worrying about the block/charge decision. It looks like a pretty obvious charge, and if it wasn't a charge then it was a no call because Gillespie had lost possession before he crashed into RJ and the ball just went OB.

Look at the gif in post 14. He definitely didn't lose possession until after contact, and it actually looks like it touched Cole last.

Reaction Score
Look at the gif in post 14. He definitely didn't lose possession until after contact, and it actually looks like it touched Cole last.
Not sure who it went off of, but Cole had position and couldn't possibly be a foul on him since he's entitled to the space he's standing in.

Maybe Nova gets a shot from baseline out of bounds with 1 second, but that's it.

Reaction Score
If you look closely, it hits Cole's arm, which initially redirects the ball towards the left side of the screen and then very quickly changes course towards the right side of the screen as it hits Gillespie's hand.The only way it could have ended up going the direction it did is if it was off Gillespie.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The jump ball looked awkward because RJ’s hand went under Gillespie’s upper right arm and then Gillespie tried to pull free. Not a foul in my opinion

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

While over the course of 40 minutes, we were on the wrong side numerous bad calls or no calls or inconsistent calls. Nova has nothing to complain about

Reaction Score
Not sure who it went off of, but Cole had position and couldn't possibly be a foul on him since he's entitled to the space he's standing in.

Maybe Nova gets a shot from baseline out of bounds with 1 second, but that's it.
That's fair. I'm certainly not arguing that it was a blocking foul. I was just pointing out that one of the things BusinessLawyer so arrogantly stated is clearly false, and the other is debatable.

Reaction Score
I watched a bit of KY/LSU last night on ESPN. Coming out of the under 12 minute TV timeout, Jimmy Dykes and Karl Ravech were talking about teams that can get to the Final Four because they play "Mother In Law Defense" - constant pressure, constant harassment, making life difficult, etc. "That is how Arkansas plays as well as Texas Tech...and UConn. UConn is another team that doesn't get mentioned as a final four team but they can get there with defense and we should keep an eye on them."

Not sure I feel like we are a Final Four team, but it is good we are getting recognized especially during and SEC game...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
“ you’re all a bunch of blow jobs”

That is the scuttle of hurleys comments to refs during ejectiongate

True? Not sure

Smart if true? No. Probably not.

Do I love it? Yes!

Also who says that? It’s definitely going in my bag now though.
That's great. Going to join one of my other all time favorites "Smoke my pole!"

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
He first travelled and then was out of control and initiated the contact into the defender who was in much more of a controlled state. It's a charge all day long.
That dude is very crafty. Watching that replay... his body doesn't really hit Cole. The ball and forearm do, then he's already flinging himself sideways to improve his chances of getting the call. He read the situation, forgot about trying to get the basket, and became a thespian.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom