UConn giving students free tickets to first round game | The Boneyard

UConn giving students free tickets to first round game

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Did the same thing last year and the student response was great, particularly for the 2nd round game, against UCF. We'll always remember this iconic photo:

Taylor Coonan (center with dark jacket and white shirt) and Camryn Walsh (left of Coonan) were part of the student section reacting to Paige Bueckers during UConn’s win over UCF Monday, March 21, 2022. The UConn photo went viral on social media this week.

JBK

Reaction Score
Did the same thing last year and the student response was great, particularly for the 2nd round game, against UCF. We'll always remember this iconic photo:

Taylor Coonan (center with dark jacket and white shirt) and Camryn Walsh (left of Coonan) were part of the student section reacting to Paige Bueckers during UConn’s win over UCF Monday, March 21, 2022. The UConn photo went viral on social media this week.
Great Moment. Do you have the live version
of that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
is this because they can't sell out?
LOL. Who knows? It's a great thing to do to get the students, who've supported the team all season long, to the game. Ticket prices are set by the NCAA so the students might not be able to afford them. Hopefully other schools are doing the same thing.

There are about 600 tickets unsold at this time.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Still love some of the faces of the UCF cheerleaders, some of them looked terrified of Paige, while others refused to look at her.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't understand how the ticket prices are set for the NCAA games. Upper level seats at Gampel for just Saturday's game are available for $22 for an adult (plus fees) and $17 (plus fees) for a child. The prices for both Saturday and Monday are $32 (adult) and $22 (children). I looked at Tennessee ticket prices at TBA for Saturday's game and seats behind the basket (both ends sold out at Gampel) are available for $5. The most expensive ticket -- lower bowl -- costs $20 and there are other seats available for $10. I know the NCAA has always set higher ticket prices at Gampel but I wonder if these schools are making up the difference.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is how attendance figures are jacked up for women's game. Meaningless stat.
Do you look up facts or just throw out insults without proof? Several games have sold out this season, including South Carolina, where the school has NOT given away tickets.

What is it like to be so cynical? I can’t even imagine

FF38F44B-1F76-4E27-BBCD-5F2BF02E6065.jpeg

Reaction Score
When I went to UConn, admittance to men's games at Field House (no Greer name at that time) free with student ID. Women had a club team, played in old Hawley Armory (few even knew they had a team) Useless fun fact.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The students showed up big time for the UCF second round game last year, also on a Monday night. The atmosphere that night was bedlam, as loud as I have ever heard it for a women`s game there. (The Shabazz Napier buzzer beater game against Florida has it beat, but not by much.)

The students helped pull UConn over the finish line against UCF that night.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly, South Carolina attendance is boosted by a $5 ticket price.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

That IS an iconic photo. Miss that player!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom