UConn giving out free tickets for tonight's game | The Boneyard

UConn giving out free tickets for tonight's game

Reaction Score
Game Still On! Free Tickets Available to Fans
Due to the inclement weather, all remaining tickets for tonight’s UConn men’s basketball game vs. USF will be FREE and distributed on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last to ALL FANS.

We are excited to give our student athletes the best competitive advantage possible in spite of the challenges posed by today’s weather. Tip-off between the Huskies and Bulls tonight is at 7 p.m. ET at Gampel Pavilion.

Ticket Pickup Options

Before 4:30 p.m. – Pick up at the Athletic Ticket Office (located in the breezeway between Gampel and the Field House)

After 5:30 p.m. – Pick up at the Gameday Ticket Office (located by the North Entrance of Gampel)

* Limit – 4 tickets picked up per person

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gonna need free tickets and a free Jeep Wrangler to get me to Storrs tonight. Maybe it’ll be full of students? Oh the only empty seats at the Cincy game were in the student sections?

USF 57
UConn 51
Attendance: 1769

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Anyone remember the UConn Pitt game that was free to students?

I was there. 20 minutes of the most electric basketball i ever saw. Then 20 minutes of rule #1. I still hold a grudge againt Rudy Gay to this day because of that game.

Reaction Score
I remember a game against UNC in Gampel ages ago where UCONN boot stomped the Heels and while it wasn't bad and the beginning, but it snowed like crazy during the game all the way home to upstate NY that night.

Edit; was also the night of the tuck game if I remember correcrtly

Reaction Score
This athletic department is so ridiculous. Give out free tickets to a terrible game...fine. Charge me $2 to transfer and $2 for my kids who are students to print them out? Each of these stupid nickel and dime fees leading me not to renew in the future.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Is it the $2 fees OR the awful basketball team?

Reaction Score
I’m not sure I can even get out of my driveway.

Safe passage to those who travel.

Is it snowing bad up that way? Nothing but rain in Stamford. Sounds like a mix back home in northern Ffld Cty

Reaction Score
Is it snowing bad up that way? Nothing but rain in Stamford. Sounds like a mix back home in northern Ffld Cty
Wish it was snow, it's freezing rain right now. Driveway, sidewalk, trees coated in ice.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It snowed like half an inch and then its poured rain for hours here.

I just went outside and it’s more slush than frozen but if the temp drops 3-5 degrees it will be a frozen mess.

Reaction Score
Wish it was snow, it's freezing rain right now. Driveway, sidewalk, trees coated in ice.

It is expected to be 45 degrees in Mansfield at game time. Don't see any problem driving up from Southington. Surprised Whaler is such a snow flake.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It snowed like half an inch and then its poured rain for hours here.

I just went outside and it’s more slush than frozen but if the temp drops 3-5 degrees it will be a frozen mess.
Temps are going up. I just drove twenty miles round trip for lunch and it was worse on the way back than it was on the way there because of the change from snow to freezing rain/slush, but the temps are going to start rising precipitously each hour for the next few hours so the road conditions should improve markedly every hour.

Not exactly the conclusion my office was hoping I'd reach though; they've been clamoring for me to close early. I told them it will be safer driving at 5:00 than it is now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Temps are going up. I just drove twenty miles round trip for lunch and it was worse on the way back than it was on the way there because of the change from snow to freezing rain/slush, but the temps are going to start rising precipitously each hour for the next few hours so the road conditions should improve markedly every hour.

Not exactly the conclusion my office was hoping I'd reach though; they've been clamoring for me to close early. I told them it will be safer driving at 5:00 than it is now.

Yep I just looked. Looks warm enough for me to not shovel the slush. Executive decision made.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My hour commute took about three hours this morning, but it really does seem like things are improving.

I think the cold is supposed to return later on tonight and that might make things tricky after the game.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My sad haiku

I'm miserable
UConn's under .500
Free tickets don't help

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics