UConn-Georgetown postgame presser | The Boneyard

UConn-Georgetown postgame presser

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I loved him talking about Tina and Aaliyah and the parallels between them. I remember Geno, I think in Tina's sophomore year, saying she should have a double-double every game. By halftime. And the next year it happened, not every game, but sometimes. A switch was flipped, just as it has for Aaliyah. And the one-on-one game. "It was all fun and games till Aaliyah was up 2-1, then it became the future hall-of-famer against the college kid."

Nika is obviously sick, sniffling and coughing. I thought Aaliyah was sniffling too. Gives one a little perspective.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Interesting. IDK this is definitely a different Geno. I like everyone else has been watching him give pressers for years. Not the least bit interested in talking about the game. Nothing. Everyone's demeanor is not looking good.
I watched the girls- Dorka and Aaliyah trying to be positive. Nika you could see she's tired not so much physically as emotionally. Poor things, I alluded to this happening at some point. Can't sustain this type of beating and roller coaster effect to one's mental energy, especially because they are so close with each other.
Praying for strength for them.

Reaction Score
Geno has gone through a lot. When you're getting older and you're down, you get older a lot faster. The players are sick (I've noticed other evidence of colds/flu over the past week or two), in addition to being tired and banged up. The serious injuries make for a daunting environment. I think this game was symptomatic of all of that.

But they won anyway, convincingly. They had wins with this kind of margin against worse teams than Georgetown in the AAC and we took it in stride. I've been critical of this game but it's not exactly a disaster.

I think Geno at some point figures out a way to make all this a positive. If there is a virus making its way through, it comes to an end at some point. The law of averages doesn't say we're owed some good luck with injuries but it does say we're not doomed to this pattern forever and at some point we're going to have 7-8 elite players out there every game.

Maybe this Geno presser was playing into this: we're at rock bottom (a few days ago I couldn't coach plus we couldn't even put a team on the floor) and we've survived; to maximize the impact of (hopefully soon) when this too shall pass.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gee it's great to be able to know what the speaker (Geno) is saying!
The CC worked!
I'm sorry I keep harping on this but it's so frustrating!
I agree with this! With today's technology there is no excuse whatsoever for not having proper sound levels on any video, streaming or otherwise.

Kat

Reaction Score
At the ten-minute mark of Geno's post-game remarks, he tells a great story about Tina Charles going one-on-one with Aaliyah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom