UConn games so far.. | The Boneyard

UConn games so far..

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In looking at the Rankings and all League standings, I did notice something curious and wanted to hear the thoughts of our colleagues on this. UConn has played only 12 games while virtually everyone else has played 3, 4 or 5 more games (those of national relevance). Lou has 17 and MSU has 16. This means more hoop for us to enjoy (yippee!) but also means less rest for our girls. Less rest maybe a conundrum as more games means less practice and with practices being harder than games, it might be a push. The real issue than becomes the Travel for all these games. Does this help us or hurt us? Our AAC schedule will allow more subs but travel means less sleep, less student routine and more stress. We do have 3 big games left in Lou, at SC and at Texas. Those OOC games account for 3 of our “less than others” games but did the Conf put a hiccup in by adding more games but not starting it earlier?

Reaction Score
Watching the weekly rankings I noticed the number of games disparity, but didn't see it as a big deal... I believe the games are spaced enough to provide needed rest, shortest gap is between Houston and TX, but there is no travel issue there.
In Geno we trust. He has been there before, and with CD, Shea and Marisa...they will manage rest and practice. Plus the players (esp the upper class) know what's at stake and they will manage things accordingly.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Two things -

1. No in season tournament for Uconn so many teams will have an extra game (or two) in their schedule than Uconn (as jaybird 65 stated)

2. Uconn schedules two or three OOC games almost every year post Jan 1. Most other teams do not schedule OOC games once their conference games begin. Uconn gets 'made for TV' match-ups against other top teams in Jan/Feb which is great for their national profile, but it does add in extra games to the post Jan 1 schedule. Has never seemed to be a problem in the past as their aren't that many games during the next 11 weeks. This is the first year I can remember their being three of these games - with TX, SC, and Louisville, but with the weakness of the AAC schedule it sure adds to the interest.

Reaction Score
As Geno and the staff did against ECU, they will spell the regulars more in conference games.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
They should be fine, IMHO.

They get the Houston and Texas trip out of the way during semester break and they will then get in a good rhythm of 2 games per week, which is normal and what they like. They have already been through the toughest part of the schedule, have been on the road a lot, and most of the remaining games will be blowouts, allowing for reduced starter minutes.

They have four weekday away games once classes begin, which seems like a lot. Wed. 1/24 Memphis, Thu. 2/1 SC, Wed. 2/7 UCF, and Wed. 2/21 Tulane. Only one tough game of the four, but I suspect midweek travel is a bit harder.

Flip side, generally home on the weekends. Also, nice stretch between 2/7 and 2/21 when they are not on the road.

Presumably they stay south after Tulane and play at SMU Sat. 2/24.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I seek to remember a few years ago I heard Geno say he liked to schedule a tough OOC opponent in February because ti keeps everyone sharp before THE tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom