Uconn game vs. NFL playoffs

Which game do you watch?

• Regular season, in conference 2022 Uconn game

Votes: 159 86.9%
  • NFL Playoff game

Votes: 24 13.1%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
My football team is the Giants so I don't have to make Sophie's Choice!
Looks like we might have to decide between Giants and UConn this year if Giants get the 1pm game on Sunday Jan. 15 (UConn St. John’s play at 12pm).

For me - if it happens - watch UConn game until end and then switch over to Giants to catch the final 3 hours or so lol

Reaction Score
it really makes the results seem trivial when you may have just watched someone die on the field.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
In January, the playoffs, have to pick one, the Patriots

In March / April, I'm watching the Huskies at my funeral

Reaction Score
this is the worst lineup of playoff teams in the NFL playoffs that I can remember. Just brutal

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
this is the worst lineup of playoff teams in the NFL playoffs that I can remember. Just brutal
Should’ve stuck with 16 game season and 6 teams. When something is working leave it alone.

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Dolphins fan, watching the schedule come out with the 1pm start sunk me completely. Going to sell my St Johns tickets unfortunately.

Wouldnt be able to enjoy the second half of the game knowing the football game just kicked off. Wish it was at legit any other game time.

Reaction Score
Take this line up over last years 100 out of 100 times. Especially if Lamar and/or Tua play. Tennessee and Ryan Tannehill are not the 1 seed. No corpse of Big Ben. No dead Cardinals team. Replacing Mac Jones, Big Ben, and Tannehill with Herbert, Lawerence, and Lamar is a massive upgrade in the AFC.

Reaction Score
@HeGotGame you only mentioned quarterbacks. The Bucs, Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings, Ravens, Seahawks, Giants and Chargers are average football teams.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Neither of the teams that I follow closely made the playoffs, so it's a pretty easy choice for me.

Possible bets notwithstanding, my rooting interests are:
1. Buffalo
2. Anyone playing an NFC East team, particularly the Giants.
3. The Underdog.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sort of wish it could be reseeded for a Buffalo - Kansas City Super Bowl.
I feel like the three best teams are all in the AFC, maybe Philly is 3rd if Hurts is healthy.

In any event, UConn games now >>> over any remaining NFL matchups.

Reaction Score
@HeGotGame you only mentioned quarterbacks. The Bucs, Cowboys, Dolphins, Vikings, Ravens, Seahawks, Giants and Chargers are average football teams.
Were the 2021 Patriots, Raiders, Steelers, Eagles, Cardinals, Titans, and Cowboys great teams?

Reaction Score
@HeGotGame but I'm with you that it's nice to see a titan-less afc picture. Painfully boring team
With Tua (not surprising) and Lamar (clear sign he's played his last game in Baltimore) both out, this weekend's games take a major hit. Some big spreads now, pushing it to a similar slate to last year.

Reaction Score
Heck of a Sunday lined up:

Morning: walk and gym
Late morning: on a boat for a seal watching tour
Noon: uconn
Afternoon: yoga
4:00 pickup game day nachos
4:30: giants game
turn off alarm. No school Monday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Next weekend: gravy

Sat:

Free admission to the Maritime Aquarium (teacher appreciation weekend, click here if you want to register). Zen out with the jellyfish tank, absorb the visceral stillness of the shark tank, bro out with feasting seals.

Follow it up with going out somewhere for dinner

Follow that up with 8:15: Giants football!

Sun:

My first visit this season to the XL Center.

Gravy, baby, looking for that positive momentum to start building this week!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom