UConn-Fordham Game Thread (Second Half) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn-Fordham Game Thread (Second Half)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Foxx needs to get to the corner and make a decision on where to attack. This isn't HS, he's not gonna outrun everyone to the corners.

Reaction Score
Love Nebrich's elusiveness but idk if he's entirely ready for the starting gig. I'd like to see how the crew does at Vandy and then make a final judgement.

The part that bothers me a little about his elusiveness is that even if he avoids the defender it seems like our offense isn't ready for it and we can't make a play after he gets free.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, the Rent is empty

Reaction Score
Why burn foxx's shirt unless soemthing amiss with DJ? Hope to see him back vs Vandy!! Thunder and Lighning.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
so... JMac to start vs. Vandy? Will Nebrich see much PT?

Reaction Score
lackluster 4th quarter

we're actually trying to do some things. this is what i was getting at before when i was called a 'contrarian'.

we're learning way more out of the last few drives than we learned in the first half by pounding the ball against an outsized fordham d.

good or bad, this type of learning is necessary.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I'm not sure but it sounded like they weren't planning on keeping Foxx redshirted anyway. Maybe he winds up on specials?

Reaction Score
Agree, I think JM gets the start at Vandy, but he needs to learn to step up into the pocket or throw the ball away under heavy pressure like he's had a few times today. I'm sure he'll adjust with more playing time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After one game, McEntee and McCummings played much better than Nebrich.

Play of the game had to be the play action pass from McCummings to Griffin. It was set up perfectly set up by having McCummings run every play up to it. McEntee threw some great passes.

Davis played a real good game too.

I'll give the offense a B and the defense an A-.

Reaction Score
When is the crowd going to learn to wear school colors??!?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So what do you think? Great, okay, disappointing?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
we're actually trying to do some things. this is what i was getting at before when i was called a 'contrarian'.

we're learning way more out of the last few drives than we learned in the first half by pounding the ball against an outsized fordham d.

good or bad, this type of learning is necessary.

That being said it just got a bit sloppy... on defense and with some penalties especially.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
That being said it just got a bit sloppy... on defense and with some penalties especially.
Coaches will be secretly happy about that, they can turn up the heat in film session and practice this week.

Reaction Score
Very sloppy 4th quarter...all in all an average game against a much weaker opponent IMO...will need to play much better if we want to beat Vandy...defense was solid, but not as dominant as I thought...offense lacks big playmaker, but McCombs showed signs...QB will be a problem against better defenses

Reaction Score
I actually listened to the entire game (ol skool style ) via WTIC 1080 am radio... Nothng earth shattering really. I actually thought we'd beat them much worse.. put 50 up.... To me it seemed like our coaches are still trying to decide who's gonna be our QB... Lots of kids played... which was good... This game, IMO, was a dress rehearsal to next week's game in Nashville, TN...

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Very sloppy 4th quarter...all in all an average game against a much weaker opponent IMO...will need to play much better if we want to beat Vandy...defense was solid, but not as dominant as I thought...offense lacks big playmaker, but McCombs showed signs...QB will be a problem against better defenses
I thought both McCombs and Griffin showed they could come up with big plays... Tebucky Jones should have had a TD as well... if that pass wasn't under-thrown. I think the weapons are there... I wish our QB situation was more settled...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom