UConn Football's mantra at the quarter pole? 'We don't want anything easy (M. Anthony) | The Boneyard

UConn Football's mantra at the quarter pole? 'We don't want anything easy (M. Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huskies' Mantra At The Quarter Pole: 'We Don't Want Anything Easy'

>>There is a lot to be said for a team's ability to learn in-game and adjust on the sideline and in the locker room. UConn has clearly shown the ability to make tweaks that change the complexion of the game. Navy's triple option was suffocated. Virginia's short passing game that was moving the chains was completely shut down.

Both times, UConn found itself in the second quarter and worked its way back into the game. The offense seems to work better when under pressure, too. The best ball movement has come during two-minute drills, or when the clock is even somewhat of an issue.

"It seems like once we feel like we really have to, that's when we start making plays," quarterback Bryant Shirreffs said. "I put a lot of that on me. I need to make plays earlier. We'll get that fixed and, luckily, we have another opportunity in a week. We'll figure it out."<<

>>"It doesn't need to be this interesting," said Diaco, who has said that after all three games. "We're down in the red zone and we throw a pick. We're down in the red zone and we fumble the ball. We have some stuff to clean up. … We mourned for 24 hours [after Navy] and we'll celebrate for 24 hours. Then we're on to the next game."

Noel Thomas had six catches for 91 yards Saturday, with five receptions for 75 yards coming after halftime. "To the naked eye, you might think we're a second half team," Thomas said. "We plan to start fast. I don't believe we're a second-half team. We come out and work to score on every possession. [Virginia] did a great job defensively at first, and we had to settle into the game and start working from there."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom