UConn football team rebuilding recruiting relationships in Fairfield County (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn football team rebuilding recruiting relationships in Fairfield County (J. Fuller)

Reaction Score
Pretty good article. Petroccio's comments about shutting staff out after P/GDL's firing just proves what most of is already knew and spoke about openly here. He can say what he wants about not letting a school back in his HS if they do his kids wrong yet you know damn well if Harbaugh gives one of his kids a raw deal he won't close the door to him.

Reaction Score
There's a few young kids in the SWC and FCIAC that I'm excited about. You never really know how it's going to go from sophomore-junior-senior year but if this staff is around still it will be important to get in there. Glad to hear that the wounds are healing, even if the wounds shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Reaction Score
Like a lot of things in life... It's all about building and maintaining relationships. Cycling through staffs can make it harder.

There is talent in the State, not dozens and dozens and not enough to build a program around,but D1 level talent none the less. We just can't develop tunnel-vision based on zip-code.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes, good article....the kind of topical reporting that has become uncommon.

Reaction Score
Pretty good article. Petroccio's comments about shutting staff out after P/GDL's firing just proves what most of is already knew and spoke about openly here. He can say what he wants about not letting a school back in his HS if they do his kids wrong yet you know damn well if Harbaugh gives one of his kids a raw deal he won't close the door to him.

It's wrong when the coaches make themselves the story. What about the kids?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It's wrong when the coaches make themselves the story. What about the kids?
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately HS football coaches are a special breed living in their own mini SEC dreamscape of the mind.

Reaction Score
PP didn't get it done here.
UConn gave him a shot and he didn't get it done. Period.
How is UConn to blame. CT Coaches have to get over it unless they know something we don't

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure your thinking of the scumbag at New Canaan.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately HS football coaches are a special breed living in their own mini SEC dreamscape of the mind.

It really depends on the staff. Some guys are out there for the right reason; the kids. Other guys are out there to stroke their ego. Some are there for both.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure your thinking of the scumbag at New Canaan.
Oh he was the main one I was thinking of..BUT read the quotes from Petroccio in the article and you will see why I wrote what I wrote.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
not all coaches are

Reaction Score
“It was unfortunate what happened to Coach Pasqualoni,” Staples coach Marce Petroccio said.

This is all you need to know about the mentality of Fairfield County HS coaches! SMH

Reaction Score
Did these guys even watch the games? I know we did but apparently they were too busy to bother.

C

chiller99.5

Not impressed with Fairfield County football to say it mildly. Part of good recruiting is to also take away players others in your conference covet.

Reaction Score
“It was unfortunate what happened to Coach Pasqualoni,” Staples coach Marce Petroccio said.

This is all you need to know about the mentality of Fairfield County HS coaches! SMH

Crony capitalism in football form. A bunch of self-important old paisans who wish UConn was back in I-AA whose only leverage is the 2-3 good players who come through their program every year through the luck of geography/economy/population. When they got these jobs it was the equivalent of being born on third base and thinking they hit a triple. Can't wait for these guys to retire and get people in these jobs who are familiar with the modern structure of football.

Reaction Score
Crony capitalism in football form. A bunch of self-important old paisans who wish UConn was back in I-AA whose only leverage is the 2-3 good players who come through their program every year through the luck of geography/economy/population. When they got these jobs it was the equivalent of being born on third base and thinking they hit a triple. Can't wait for these guys to retire and get people in these jobs who are familiar with the modern structure of football.

Meh most of these guys are the best coaches in CTHSFB. The coaching actually keeps getting worse and the good ones keep leaving. See Marinan and Fillipone.

Doesn't mean they know what's going on in regards to college athletics though.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The issue is they play games in Connecticut or at least some coaches. The wanted UConn to show interest in a player/players so they could get looks elsewhere. Stupid game but a number of coaches play it and why UConn has missed out on some of the best players in the state.
I think the coaching staff needs to spend more time in Pa and NJ in all honesty and of course some time in the Sunshine state.

Reaction Score
The issue is they play games in Connecticut or at least some coaches. The wanted UConn to show interest in a player/players so they could get looks elsewhere. Stupid game but a number of coaches play it and why UConn has missed out on some of the best players in the state.
I think the coaching staff needs to spend more time in Pa and NJ in all honesty and of course some time in the Sunshine state.

We always seem to get on Connecticut kids late. I don't know if that's strategic or what but we lose a lot of guys because they think UConn is treating them like a backup plan

Reaction Score

Petroccio was our D coordinator in Cheshire in the early/mid-90's. He had personal ties with Pasqualoni and of course Addazzio. He and there crew will be a hard sell.

Reaction Score
Petroccio was our D coordinator in Cheshire in the early/mid-90's. He had personal ties with Pasqualoni and of course Addazzio. He and there crew will be a hard sell.

isn't he at Staples? Didn't we recruit a kid from there this year?

Reaction Score
Would like to see coaching staff recruiting in NYC area harder. While Jersey football is obviously better, there are some good football players there and being so close should almost treat it as extension of Connecticut. As terrible as Pasqualoni was he was starting to make inroads in NYC as on this year's roster Fatukasi and Stapleton are from the city and Mikal Myers and Hopkins are from surrounding area and last year Junior Lee was from city and all were Pasqualoni recruits.. Peart is from the Bronx but he was recruited from his Massachusetts prep school. While Cuse and Rutgers continue to hit city hard does not seem like much of a priority to Diaco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom