UConn football team has a chance to rewrite a better ending to season (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn football team has a chance to rewrite a better ending to season (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20...a-chance-to-rewrite-a-better-ending-to-season

>>This week, however, they won’t know who they will play so it is a perfect time to just focus on what went wrong and simply improve as a team before turning their collective attention to their bowl opponent.

“It is so great that we have more opportunity to get better and not have that (Temple loss) represent the investments made by our football family,” UConn coach Bob Diaco said. “It shouldn’t look like that. It has operated at a higher level by the players. It is exactly what we need to do, get together Monday, grade (the game tape), watch, then go out and have a few practices and just work on the things that plagued the team. The coaches get together and find a better way to specifically move the ball, get points and find a better way to communicate to the players.”<<

Reaction Score
Changes needed upon grading the tape;

1) Purchase a pallet of duct tape
2) Ask Timmy to sit on a bench in the locker room
3) Tape Timmy to the bench

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Jes-s Chr-st. Name all the kids they could have used at QB who you think were better choices and then figure out why they didn't. Stupid stuff really shows up after a loss to a better team and we had to use a back up QB who must show more in practice than any other available choice. Name a QB whose redshirt they should have burned for the sake of one game that, at best, meant a marginally better bowl game than the bad bowl game we will get into anyway. Then figure out why it's a good thing you aren't coaching.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't get posts like this. Kid went out and did I best. Leave it be.
Yeah, I didn't say anything about Boyle not doing his best. What I said, tongue in cheek, was that Diaco should learn from his mistake and not put Boyle in for an entire game. I do not think that Boyle went out there and intentionally laid an egg.

Reaction Score
I think we will see much better effort and result in the bowl game. After five rough years last weeks win and bowl eligibility was rightfully celebrated, however this set up this weeks bad loss as Temple game became anticlimactic as more than any other sport emotion and motivation are major factors in football, you had Temple a ranked senior laden team with an opportunity to win division and path to a major bowl playing a young team that just became bowl eligible playing a game that basically had no meaning as far as overall stakes for players or coaches who had a terrible game plan.
The bowl game will matter and you will see a much stronger performance across the board. In long run Temple will be a lesson learned. This year was about achieving success, next step next year in the rebuild will be handling success and doubt we will see this type of no show next year.

Reaction Score
I also
I think we will see much better effort and result in the bowl game. After five rough years last weeks win and bowl eligibility was rightfully celebrated, however this set up this weeks bad loss as Temple game became anticlimactic as more than any other sport emotion and motivation are major factors in football, you had Temple a ranked senior laden team with an opportunity to win division and path to a major bowl playing a young team that just became bowl eligible playing a game that basically had no meaning as far as overall stakes for players or coaches who had a terrible game plan.
The bowl game will matter and you will see a much stronger performance across the board. In long run Temple will be a lesson learned. This year was about achieving success, next step next year in the rebuild will be handling success and doubt we will see this type of no show next year.
believe we'll have more depth next year. Multiple FBS QB's on the roster will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom