UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Benefits Survey | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Benefits Survey

Reaction Score
>>As we begin planning and preparing for the 2018 UConn Football season, please take a moment to complete a brief survey. We want to learn more about what benefits are most important and provide the most added value to you as a season ticket holder. We greatly appreciate your continued and loyal support, and thank you in advance for providing your feedback!<<

UConn Football Season Ticket Holder Benefits Survey

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. My one suggestion was to have less of the gimmicky in game promotions/advertisement based games. They make the environment feel less like a college football game and more like minor league baseball. Other than that, I'm happy with what they do.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I asked for more in game commercials, less beer, more rain and to cancel all tailgating.

Seriously though, I have grown to love the stupid on field fan contests. Watching Jo-schmo catch punts and kick field goals all for a burrito while collecting grass stains is fantastic.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah, on the parking they need a deal to use those fields to the west of the stadium near the Cabela's. Red ticket holders on days we actually have a crowd of 30k+ end up parking over a mile a way. I forgot my pass once on home coming, arrived late and had a 25 min walk to the stadium and I walk very fast. Probably 5k fans ended up down there over a mile out. For the place looking at ways to improve the experience, need to find a way to make a deal to use some of the land closer to Cabela's to shorten the walk.

Reaction Score
Yeah, on the parking they need a deal to use those fields to the west of the stadium near the Cabela's. Red ticket holders on days we actually have a crowd of 30k+ end up parking over a mile a way. I forgot my pass once on home coming, arrived late and had a 25 min walk to the stadium and I walk very fast. Probably 5k fans ended up down there over a mile out. For the place looking at ways to improve the experience, need to find a way to make a deal to use some of the land closer to Cabela's to shorten the walk.

I always park in Aero. Same price as red lot and you avoid the LAZ goons.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I mentioned the disincentive to purchase season tickets given that better seats are often available for less money leading up to the game. I’ll still buy but getting ripped off gets old.

Agreed. Even at my young alumni rate (I think it works out to $17 per game), I could save a ton of money by getting them for 5 bucks off stubhub every game.

Reaction Score
I mentioned the disincentive to purchase season tickets given that better seats are often available for less money leading up to the game. I’ll still buy but getting ripped off gets old.

Exactly. Instead of a dopey hat give me something of significant monetary value that also enhances the gameday experience.

I’m dead serious about my idea. Free parking for season ticket holders in 2 of the more desired lots. Break it up by points, how much you spend, etc. I don’t care. But there’s no real reason to buy season tickets anymore when you can buy them for $5 in the parking lot and sit wherever you want.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Exactly. Instead of a dopey hat give me something of significant monetary value that also enhances the gameday experience.

I’m dead serious about my idea. Free parking for season ticket holders in 2 of the more desired lots. Break it up by points, how much you spend, etc. I don’t care. But there’s no real reason to buy season tickets anymore when you can buy them for $5 in the parking lot and sit wherever you want.

How about free tickets for those that buy season parking passes?

Part of the problem is that parking revenue isn’t UConn’s. Nor is almost all the other money flowing through.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How about free tickets for those that buy season parking passes?

Part of the problem is that parking revenue isn’t UConn’s. Nor is almost all the other money flowing through.

If we spent money for a decent on campus stadium instead of minor league baseball, we'd have been half way done with a nice 40k seat stadium in Storrs

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If we spent money for a decent on campus stadium instead of minor league baseball, we'd have been half way done with a nice 40k seat stadium in Storrs

I'm trying to figure this out. Instead of having over 5,600 people come to Hartford 70 times for a ball game, you're saying they should have put money towards a proposal that will never happen. How does that make the team better?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure this out. Instead of having over 5,600 people come to Hartford 70 times for a ball game, you're saying they should have put money towards a proposal that will never happen. How does that make the team better?

Whaler's comment was that virtually none of the revenue from the stadium (concessions, parking, etc) are UConn's. Having a stadium that UConn claims as its own rather than rents out would redirect that revenue to the athletic dept.

Beyond that, I admittedly have a bone to pick against the Hartford stadium to begin with. What happened there is nothing short of criminal. The original drafted plan there was to have a functional supermarket and mixed income apartments there. The plan then included a stadium while keeping the originally planned supermarket and apartments as part of a deal. Then the stadium came and there were (and I don't anticipate there ever being) a supermarket or apartments. The whole thing was a schill. There's a man named Rex Fowler who put years of research and advocacy into this, and a long article was written about it (I think it was on CT News Junkie, but can't remember).

And to top it all off, the $60 million project (or did it end up being closer to $70?) sits just blocks away from Clark St. School, closed down because of PCBs with no replacement in sight, MLK School which may be shut down, and a proposed closing of Simpson Waverly School. These kids lives are basically being destroyed by austerity while our city bankrolls a minor league ball team to move 10 miles down the road so we can watch a couple of dancing goat mascots and drink 32 oz beers.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whaler's comment was that virtually none of the revenue from the stadium (concessions, parking, etc) are UConn's. Having a stadium that UConn claims as its own rather than rents out would redirect that revenue to the athletic dept.

Beyond that, I admittedly have a bone to pick against the Hartford stadium to begin with. What happened there is nothing short of criminal. The original drafted plan there was to have a functional supermarket and mixed income apartments there. The plan then included a stadium while keeping the originally planned supermarket and apartments as part of a deal. Then the stadium came and there were (and I don't anticipate there ever being) a supermarket or apartments. The whole thing was a schill. There's a man named Rex Fowler who put years of research and advocacy into this, and a long article was written about it (I think it was on CT News Junkie, but can't remember).

And to top it all off, the $60 million project (or did it end up being closer to $70?) sits just blocks away from Clark St. School, closed down because of PCBs with no replacement in sight, MLK School which may be shut down, and a proposed closing of Simpson Waverly School. These kids lives are basically being destroyed by austerity while our city bankrolls a minor league ball team to move 10 miles down the road so we can watch a couple of dancing goat mascots and drink 32 oz beers.
Not looking to derail this thread but I think all of the other development will come as developers see how successful that stadium has been. The amount of people who are going to games has been amazing. If that keeps up for another year or two (after the newness wears off) I bet you see more interest and development done in the area like originally projected. Remember, those plans were from Centerplan or whatever they were called, and they were fired from the whole thing. Gotta clear that out before any more development can occur.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

It’s not like it’s one of the other.

Hartford wasn’t building a stadium in Mansfield.

If you want to hate the Hartford stadium on it’s merits that’s fair - but it has nothing to do with UConn.

Leave the poor goats out of it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
More marching band entertainment between downs and less canned music. "Welcome to the Jungle," "Crazy Train," "H3lls Bells," "Brass Bonanza," etc. arranged for the marching band are out there. Other college bands play them.

Make it feel like a college game.

Heck, here's a High School band...

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The stadium was not built on campus because the town of Mansfield wanted to keep the University at 1881. The issue was traffic and patterns. The state did step up and build a stadium. It IS amazing that the state actually did it considering how inept it is now.

The development was ambitious but the reason it hasn't happened is that those who want to build don't have the money and couldn't obtain financing to do their projects. There has been a shift in the building of malls, retail etc. I think Silver Lane needs to be developed before Rentschler Field area does-

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The stadium was not built on campus because the town of Mansfield wanted to keep the University at 1881. The issue was traffic and patterns. The state did step up and build a stadium. It IS amazing that the state actually did it considering how inept it is now.

The development was ambitious but the reason it hasn't happened is that those who want to build don't have the money and couldn't obtain financing to do their projects. There has been a shift in the building of malls, retail etc. I think Silver Lane needs to be developed before Rentschler Field area does-

They can't obtain the financing because it's a bad idea--if it was a good idea with a high chance of success, someone would invest in it, right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The survey literally asks, "Besides team performance, what would you change?"

They know.
Quite frankly, I can’t think of much to change. I thought adding the concerts to the parking lot was fun. I hate the announcer more than ever.

Reaction Score
1. Funky pep band playing fun stuff that makes people move
2. No more annoying "Another.....UConn first down".
3. Security too quick to tell people not to stand here and there, let it go when it's pleasant people standing still.
4. Close beer stands at the stated designated time instead of 10 minutes earlier. You have annoyed drunks begging for one more beer because you shut down early. Just exacerbates the drinking issue.

Reaction Score
Free parking passes for season ticket holders in Blue and Grey lot.
Terrific idea. It's the one advantage they could actually offer season ticket holders. single game buyers [way cheaper price] would pay for parking actually an incentive to seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom