UConn Football Season Review: Grading the offense (UConnBlog) | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season Review: Grading the offense (UConnBlog)

Reaction Score
In what world does UConn QB get a B. Wish they were grading my schoolwork back in the day. I cannot name a QB that I saw in any game this year that did not perform better than ZT, and I watched a lot of games. ZT was 100th out of 112 QB's that played enough to be rated so some must have graded out worse. 8 QB's were listed as freshman (didn't check who was redshirt) and ZT was lowest rated.

ZT became a weapon in running the read option? Looked more like Jimmy Clausen than Scam Newton.

UConn Passing offense yardage 127th, yards per attempt 129th, and team passing efficiency 117th. The rushing offense averaged 4.80 yards per attempt while passing hardly averaged any more @ 5.23 per attempt. ZT must have gotten high grades for managing the huddle.

B+ for offensive play calling? Maybe compared to FHCRE2.0 but vs. the 131 FBS schools? B+ play calling would have won the Army game.

Reaction Score
In what world does UConn QB get a B. Wish they were grading my schoolwork back in the day. I cannot name a QB that I saw in any game this year that did not perform better than ZT, and I watched a lot of games. ZT was 100th out of 112 QB's that played enough to be rated so some must have graded out worse. 8 QB's were listed as freshman (didn't check who was redshirt) and ZT was lowest rated.

ZT became a weapon in running the read option? Looked more like Jimmy Clausen than Scam Newton.

UConn Passing offense yardage 127th, yards per attempt 129th, and team passing efficiency 117th. The rushing offense averaged 4.80 yards per attempt while passing hardly averaged any more @ 5.23 per attempt. ZT must have gotten high grades for managing the huddle.

B+ for offensive play calling? Maybe compared to FHCRE2.0 but vs. the 131 FBS schools? B+ play calling would have won the Army game.
Best case both quarterback and play calling earned gentleman’s Cs. A guy is the #1 quarterback for 11 3/4 games you can’t fall back on the “but he’s a true freshman” argument in late October. He had his moments but seemed to have far less growth than one would have hoped for.

As for playcalling, it might have been in part the quarterback but still, there was a real lack of imagination at times that led to losses. 2nd half vs Bell State and red zone vs Army equal coaching malpractice. And sometimes bad calls led to good plays in a way that caused playcalling to look less awful than it really was.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. Aside from an overuse of the throwback option, play calling was an A. We aren't as talented as our record on offense. To move the ball and avoid turnovers? What more is there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom