UConn Football/Randy Edsall looking towards 2021 Season... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Football/Randy Edsall looking towards 2021 Season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
>>“You’re going to see an offense that’s going to be wide open,” Edsall said. “You’re going to see an offense that’ll utilize all different aspects of tempo to our advantage and based on our opponents, that we think is the best way to attack them. We have guys that have the ability to make plays, and we’re going to be an offense that puts guys in a position to make them. Defensively, we want to be a physical, tough, swarming, fast, athletic defense.”<<

I want so much for this to actually occur
[/QUOTE]

I keep having visions of Chuck Brown going to kick a football and it being pulled away at last second.

I want to preserve this quote when he runs a delayed draw on 3rd and 8.

Reaction Score
Missing the season will has to have a negative impact on performance next season in a lot of ways. I don't see how you miss that much game experience and not be impacted. With that said, it may very well play longer-term benefits for the program. A lot of these kids needed to stick around an extra year and get to a better place physically. I think we'll know if that's the case as we get into the second half of next season and the following season. I would not expect the first part of next season to be very pretty.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Missing the season will has to have a negative impact on performance next season in a lot of ways. I don't see how you miss that much game experience and not be impacted. With that said, it may very well play longer-term benefits for the program. A lot of these kids needed to stick around an extra year and get to a better place physically. I think we'll know if that's the case as we get into the second half of next season and the following season. I would not expect the first part of next season to be very pretty.
Missing the season will have multiple positive impacts:

1. The players are going to be bigger, faster, stronger, and healthier.
2. They are going to be hungry to play.
3. They did not suffer a series of demoralizing losses.
4. They spent the time preparing. Think about how much the extra practices prior to a bowl game matter.
5. They recruited some very talented players.
6. This season was challenging for all teams, whether they played or not, and many traditionally good teams that played had bad seasons.
7. The players appreciate that the university cared more for their health than the bottom line.

We will have an entertaining season next year with multiple wins. Nice work Randy and coaching staff and AD Dave.

Reaction Score
He will be able to put a number of players with P6 or better offers on the field next year.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Alternate access read <<

>> The good thing is, they saw by looking in the mirror the difference in themselves, physically,” Edsall said Thursday, in a Zoom call with state reporters, “and in the game of football, when you can go out and do things from a physical standpoint that maybe you couldn’t do that well [before], it just leads to having much more confidence in yourself.”<<

>>“You’re going to see an offense that’s going to be wide open,” Edsall said. “You’re going to see an offense that’ll utilize all different aspects of tempo to our advantage and based on our opponents, that we think is the best way to attack them. We have guys that have the ability to make plays, and we’re going to be an offense that puts guys in a position to make them. Defensively, we want to be a physical, tough, swarming, fast, athletic defense.”<<

We've heard this story before. Why do we believe this time will be different?

Reaction Score
Again, I think the longer-term impact of not playing this season can be a positive. Especially if kids are willing to stick around with all the extra eligibility. But, there is a lot of experience gained in a full season.

I have no doubt that Randy recruits better athletes the Crazy Bob who may have had a mental impairment when it came to recruiting. But, Randy's last three recruiting classes will have 1, 0 and 0 seasons of game experience, respectively. You have to go up that learning curve at some point, and it's not without some pain.

Reaction Score
I wish we had played, period.

Having said that, I’m optimistic for 21. I hope O is more dynamic and I promise not to have a melt down the first time they run a draw.

The good news - it just has to get better. 20 was the perfect ending to a miserable decade of UConn football.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty pumped for next year. This possible could be the best receiver corps we ever had at UConn since moving up to DI. I think if the O-line continues to improve and gives the QB, whoever gets the nod, time to throw, we're gonna be a tough team to beat.

Reaction Score
We've heard this story before. Why do we believe this time will be different?
I’m not sure if it’s belief. I think it’s more like hope.

Reaction Score
I wish we had played, period.

Having said that, I’m optimistic for 21. I hope O is more dynamic and I promise not to have a melt down the first time they run a draw.

The good news - it just has to get better. 20 was the perfect ending to a miserable decade of UConn football.
I wish they played too. A big part of the attractiveness of the 20 schedule was the 5 P5 games. Once the P5 said conference games only, that ruined it for me. Onward to 21!

Reaction Score
John Dunn will soon be looking for a job when Adam Gase gets canned in a few weeks. I know its unlikely for obviou$ reasons but given that next year is a make or break year......

We do have talent on offense so the offensive coordinator job might be somewhat attractive.

Reaction Score

I want so much for this to actually occur
[/QUOTE]
Me too. I just hope it isn’t like when a basketball coach says we are going to press full time. Look for a soft zone in reality...LOL

Reaction Score
It’s interesting to speculate about what will happen next year. I choose to believe I guess. Randy may be past his prime and /or delusional. However I choose to believe he is the guy who put workmanlike, overachieving, hard working, physical teams on the field after his first three years in his first stint. We may never have been great but in those years we were always tough. I hated his conservative nature at times but he clearly executed a plan to make us legitimate. I hope that formula works again. In the “Covid era” maybe I am becoming soft with my expectations, but I think my eyes will tell me on 8/28/21 and hope I see some of the past.

Reaction Score
I too hope Edsall is sincere about running a "wide-open" offense in 2021. But I fear the first interception will bring an immediate and permanent return to Turtleball. I hope I'm wrong and he lets the QBs fling the pig all over the field.

Reaction Score
I too hope Edsall is sincere about running a "wide-open" offense in 2021. But I fear the first interception will bring an immediate and permanent return to Turtleball. I hope I'm wrong and he lets the QBs fling the pig all over the field.
Wide open is how football is played today. If it is done I hope it is is successful but really hope they can win no matter what the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom