UConn football opponent preview: Purdue Boilermakers (UConnBlog) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn football opponent preview: Purdue Boilermakers (UConnBlog)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m curious what’s your D and team in general like.

Us ..

strengths

weaknesses

we run a 4-3/4-2-5 hybrid that goes back to the year before Diaco but is apparently much more aggressive. George karlaftis cannot be blocked at the G5 level and bell can’t be covered at the G5 level. Probably true for more than half of the big ten too.

In general UConn's strengths have been allowing teams to score efficiently against the UConn defense. Most drives are done in 6-8 plays. This keeps the UConn defense fresh since it isn't on the field that often.

UConn's biggest weakness is sustaining drives on offense. While the play calling and execution is usually good for one play of 10-12 yards, penalties, inside hand offs, delayed draws and QB's missing targets usually reigns in any positive yardage.

Reaction Score
In general UConn's strengths have been allowing teams to score efficiently against the UConn defense. Most drives are done in 6-8 plays. This keeps the UConn defense fresh since it isn't on the field that often.

UConn's biggest weakness is sustaining drives on offense. While the play calling and execution is usually good for one play of 10-12 yards, penalties, inside hand offs, delayed draws and QB's missing targets usually reigns in any positive yardage.
So you also not only have had bob Diaco but Darrell hazell coaches for you now?

Reaction Score
The big ten is a very good conference at the top. The bottom where you live is beatable. We understand where we are and going into this year have no idea what will happen. We have made improvements in recruiting have had time in development of players. Doesn't mean a thing until you play a game. I look forward to playing Purdue and I don't think you can predict anything until a few games have been played.

Reaction Score
We are probably a year away from having a legit shot against Purdue. However, so much of my opinion is based on the last 6-7 years rather than legitimate analysis. Randy Edsall can put together a good football team when given the time. When he does, it tends to look a lot like a Big Ten team. We just aren’t sure where our guys are in the development process. We played a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and then took a year off. While our younger guys are now in their third year, they’ve only played one season. We just have no idea what third and fourth year players with only one season of game play under their belt will really look like on the field.

Reaction Score
The big ten is a very good conference at the top. The bottom where you live is beatable. We understand where we are and going into this year have no idea what will happen. We have made improvements in recruiting have had time in development of players. Doesn't mean a thing until you play a game. I look forward to playing Purdue and I don't think you can predict anything until a few games have been played.
Of course we are beatable. Brohm tried to play 1994 football against eastern Michigan and got beaten. If he just plays you guys like he plays northwestern it should be a 10 point win.. well, before I saw the fresno state result. I think that instead of playing a rich man’s eastern Michigan it’s gonna be more like playing a Mac team headed in the wrong direction short term. But I honestly have no idea why we play these games on the road.

as far as the conference.. it’s a lot harder to be in it than play a team from it. Like I’ve said, take the best boise state teams. Say they beat Oregon and now they’re going to play a garbage schedule until their BCS game. It doesn’t go like that in the big ten. You beat Oregon and next week you’re headed to happy valley for a white out game and the officials are gonna let penn state hold onto your receivers for dear life all day.

that team you had ten years ago likely loses at least 2-3 games in the big ten

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom