UConn Football has a new Gameday Host - Andy Katz. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Football has a new Gameday Host - Andy Katz.

Reaction Score
How did Andy do last night? He's been one of the best sideline reporters ESPN had.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How did Andy do last night? He's been one of the best sideline reporters ESPN had.
Okay I guess. The game was too frustrating to give much else attention. Tough night for Andy to debut.

Reaction Score
It's an awkward gig: team and game insight before game and at the half, along with two questions for Randy just before the third quarter. Sprinkle in MC'ing the Catch Passes From The Juggs Gun and Kick A Field Goal contests and a "take it away, band" cutaway. The game/team related content was clearly in his wheelhouse. Give someone else the contest duties.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's an awkward gig: team and game insight before game and at the half, along with two questions for Randy just before the third quarter. Sprinkle in MC'ing the Catch Passes From The Juggs Gun and Kick A Field Goal contests and a "take it away, band" cutaway. The game/team related content was clearly in his wheelhouse. Give someone else the contest duties.

Exactly this ^^^

Please don't have the guy talking about the Mohegan Sun seats, or talking to the kid about to kick a football for $100 gift cards!

AD Benedict, if you're reading this, and I know you are, please leverage his journalistic fame. Go to him during tv timeouts and allow him to chat about tidbits dealing with Randy Edsall / coaching staff members, player insights, formation insights, 3rd down conversion percentages, and a whole lot of things that one would come to expect from a top notch journalist.

Let the PA guy talk about the Mohegan Sun seats. Most people don't even know who that guy is...

Reaction Score
You're right, UConnDan97. Andy's role should be in-stadium color commentary, providing insight that we'd get if we were watching on TV. It doesn't need to be constant, just a few updates during a half. I might check my phone a little less for updates and info and keep my head more in the game with that value add.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's a pro so he did a good enough job. It's just a strange gig for a dude in his 40s. He'd be better just doing sideline reporting not encouraging the crowd to cheer on the students doing the contests.

Reaction Score
His sideline reporting was great but please please please relieve him of the narration duties for the goofy time-out on-field contests. It's below him and so sad to watch. (Bring back Erika Wachter, yum).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Exactly this ^^^

Please don't have the guy talking about the Mohegan Sun seats, or talking to the kid about to kick a football for $100 gift cards!

AD Benedict, if you're reading this, and I know you are, please leverage his journalistic fame. Go to him during tv timeouts and allow him to chat about tidbits dealing with Randy Edsall / coaching staff members, player insights, formation insights, 3rd down conversion percentages, and a whole lot of things that one would come to expect from a top notch journalist.

Let the PA guy talk about the Mohegan Sun seats. Most people don't even know who that guy is...

While you are at it, fire the scoreboard/video/sound staff.

Reaction Score
It's kind of a metaphor for Connecticut how far ESPN, and Andy Katz, have fallen, that he's doing UConn GameDay stuff now.

I'll stop now before I Cesspool the thread.

Reaction Score
I really didn't like the in game analysis. It seemed very out of place, and I can't believe it's good for the athletes listening to that. It was very minimal, but it kind of destroys the team concept if good plays, challenges and in-game insights are being blasted through the stadium. He belongs on a proper broadcast venue. Kind a skeeved me out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom