UConn football fans not very talkative | The Boneyard

UConn football fans not very talkative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Driving up from DC, meeting my brother for the game. Turned on 'TIC. Sports Talk guy spent close to an hour on UConn football. He kept giving out the phone number and not a soul dialed him up. Not one call.

I didn't have the hands free set up or I would have helped him out of his misery. I'll know UConn football has arrived when somebody wants to talk to this dude.

Reaction Score
I pretty much forget that there's an AM dial on the radio most of the time. Also I was driving a friend to work so calling in would've been... awkward?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It was Kevin Nathan. It's like talking to a low-level bureaucrat in the Kremlin.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone call Kevin Nathan? Without exaggeration, I would think that a good amount of posters here know more about this team than he does.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
that's because they pretty much all come to this website.

Y'know, if Joe D or K-Nay occasionally mentioned the Boneyard on-air...

Reaction Score
Just not familiar with WTIC sports talk schedule. If I knew when they would be talking sports, especially UConn football I would tune in. I'm always looking for alternatives on sports talk when I'm not in the mood for Boomer n Carton nonsense and what ESPN radio offers is straight garbage.

Reaction Score
Why would anyone call Kevin Nathan? Without exaggeration, I would think that a good amount of posters here know more about this team than he does.

"When I played D3 fooball..."

Hey - it is what it is... I'm thankful we have people covering the team as much as they do.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
"When I played D3 fooball..."

Hey - it is what it is... I'm thankful we have people covering the team as much as they do.

God could he talk more about his D3 career.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just not familiar with WTIC sports talk schedule. If I knew when they would be talking sports, especially UConn football I would tune in. I'm always looking for alternatives on sports talk when I'm not in the mood for Boomer n Carton nonsense and what ESPN radio offers is straight garbage.

Coach's show is Thursday at 6 when they play on Saturday. Tuesday when they play on Thursday.

Reaction Score
God could he talk more about his D3 career.

Well he was an All American! I think it's suppose to make once a week peeps think he knows what he's talking about. In reality - he's a good guy and very engaging when you talk to him.

Reaction Score
Coach's show is Thursday at 6 when they play on Saturday. Tuesday when they play on Thursday.
Thanks. I caught the tail end of this week's show on Tuesday by luck. Thursdays is usually the one day I work second shift. When UConn plays on Thursdays I use a vacation day.

Reaction Score
Hey I really think you guys need to cut WTIC some slack here. Nobody else is stepping up to cover UConn sports like they do. Imagine what it would be like if TIC wasn't covering UConn. You'd have WHUS and so far today(I've been listening since 9am) they haven't talked UConn football at all compared to WTIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom