UConn football coach Jim Mora giving CT native Victor Rosa an opportunity: 'True competitor' (Hearst) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn football coach Jim Mora giving CT native Victor Rosa an opportunity: 'True competitor' (Hearst)

Reaction Score
You all can say what you want about Rosa scoring against NC State's second string, maybe 3rd. However, no one was able to score against Michigan's walk ons the week before. I'll give the kid credit for scoring against scholarship players when the week before, no one could score.
How many carries did Rosa have against Michigan?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How many carries did Rosa have against Michigan?
Don't know or care. My point was that everyone is trying to discredit his TD because it was against NC State's backups. I give it a lot more credit considering the week before no one on our team could score on whatever level team was playing by the 4th quarter of the Michigan game.

Reaction Score
Don't know or care. My point was that everyone is trying to discredit his TD because it was against NC State's backups. I give it a lot more credit considering the week before no one on our team could score on whatever level team was playing by the 4th quarter of the Michigan game.
Then you should probably direct that animosity to those discrediting his TD, I asked a question….nonetheless, NC State isn’t Michigan. I digress.

Reaction Score
He had 14 carries for 23 yards and a fumble against Michigan. He had a some playing time (and the fumble) against Michigan's 1s after Carter went out with his shoulder injury and was, of course, back in after Carter went out.

He was 4 carries for 5 yards and the fumble while Carter was out initially and then played on from there (he was 5 carries for 7 yards and the fumble in the first half overall)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lots of effort going around to discredit anything positive about the team.

Reaction Score
There is a wide gap between trying to keep things in the proper perspective and trying to discredit.
Trying to knock the kids touchdown with backhanded “proper perspective” doesn’t seem “proper” to me at all, but then again go be the boards apparatchik and hope your dribble makes a difference.:rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is a wide gap between trying to keep things in the proper perspective and trying to discredit.
True, but maybe it’s OK if in this very difficult season people look for bright spots wherever they could find them?

Reaction Score
Hard to be sure of anything these days but I think Rosa has a chance to be one of our best ever.

Reaction Score
Hard to be sure of anything these days but I think Rosa has a chance to be one of our best ever.
Uncool to comment on my own post-- but several coaches are now saying Rosa can be an All American running back--"Donald Brown good". Should be fun to watch his development.

Reaction Score
Rosa definitely has track star speed, but his vision, crisp cuts and football speed are amazing for a freshman. If you saw the end of the North Carolina State game this was all evident. If he can then line up in the slot like a Christian McCaffrey we could get the most out of him.

Reaction Score
Agreed 100%, but just remember to put things in their “proper perspective”. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom