UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23)

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a great route runner and he really seems to have lost a step compared to his time before injuries. Maybe that last part can improve but not sure about the first part. This season will tell. Either way we need all sorts of pass catcher upgrades.

I do feel that he showed more potential in the past. At one time, I thought he was a sure fire NFL receiver. Maybe it’s just my perception, but it seemed he was bouncing back this year, particularly, late in the season. But yeah, we need a lot of help. Let’s get everyone we can and let them fight it out.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think he's a great route runner and he really seems to have lost a step compared to his time before injuries. Maybe that last part can improve but not sure about the first part. This season will tell. Either way we need all sorts of pass catcher upgrades.
Not sure what you have been watching but he gets separation unlike others and looked the best he has since his freshman year. I am glad he stayed and will be here as a slot starter or X as he can do both.

Reaction Score
Not sure what you have been watching but he gets separation unlike others and looked the best he has since his freshman year. I am glad he stayed and will be here as a slot starter or X as he can do both.
He does get some separation but not tons. He runs short routes and honestly often he runs them a yard or two shy of the first down marker. This has to improve. He has to improve his hands, too. Can he do this? Yes, he can and hopefully will. Something beyond his control is that we have to get a deep threat or two so as to create space for the slot guys and RB's out of the backfield. If we don't create space vertically, it almost won't matter how much Ross improves, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Cole Welliver passes the eye test and looks to have a strong downfield and passing game. My main concern is that I didn't see many, if any lateral passes or hand-offs which he will need to master in Charlton's offense. Most passes were forward beyond the line of scrimmage... Not sure if he is a good QB fit here... perhaps a future converted TE?

Reaction Score
Cole Welliver passes the eye test and looks to have a strong downfield and passing game. My main concern is that I didn't see many, if any lateral passes or hand-offs which he will need to master in Charlton's offense. Most passes were forward beyond the line of scrimmage... Not sure if he is a good QB fit here... perhaps a future converted TE?
Tim Boyle Jr?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Is that last supposition based on his highlight films or have you watched entire games. I know we haven't had the greatest luck with Texas QBs, but it seems pretty rash given he hasn't yet arrived in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Is that last supposition based on his highlight films or have you watched entire games. I know we haven't had the greatest luck with Texas QBs, but it seems pretty rash given he hasn't yet arrived in Storrs.
I think he was funning.

Reaction Score
I don’t have many concerns about Cole, I just worry he won’t have the receivers needed to make the plays. Hopefully we get a couple more solid transfers in the receiving room.
Much more worried about the offensive line which lost four starters. QBs can't throw and receivers can't catch without protection.

Reaction Score
Much more worried about the offensive line which lost four starters. QBs can't throw and receivers can't catch without protection.
Sure they can. Just not during a football game... ;)

Reaction Score
Lost 3 starters. The guards and center. Fortin needs to improve his snapping to reliable and he will be on par with Yakiri Walker. Not as mobile or agile in space, but won't get overwhelmed like Walker at the point of attack. At worst, Fortin should man a guard spot with his experience.

Reaction Score
Lost 3 starters. The guards and center. Fortin needs to improve his snapping to reliable and he will be on par with Yakiri Walker. Not as mobile or agile in space, but won't get overwhelmed like Walker at the point of attack. At worst, Fortin should man a guard spot with his experience.
We had for OL 4 Freshmen, 4 RS Sophomores and 2 RS Freshmen last year. To my knowledge none played.

Torian Johnson is 6’7” 365 Murawski is 6’6” 335. Both Freshmen.

Wondering what some of these kids will do this year.

Reaction Score
Lets hope one of those players is a QB. Would be nice to see a 3 way battle for the quarterback position and I'm hoping if another QB is visiting they can throw 20 yards down the middle and is not a afraid to take off and move the chains with their feet,

Reaction Score
Lets hope one of those players is a QB. Would be nice to see a 3 way battle for the quarterback position and I'm hoping if another QB is visiting they can throw 20 yards down the middle and is not a afraid to take off and move the chains with their feet,
It is already a 3 way battle and maybe 4 way if Welliver comes in and does well.

Reaction Score
We had for OL 4 Freshmen, 4 RS Sophomores and 2 RS Freshmen last year. To my knowledge none played.

Murawski played a little bit last year at the end of some of the games. Maybe he was on top of the pecking order of the players you mention.

Reaction Score

We had 10 OL play last year either on offense or on special teams. UConn returns 7 of the 10 listed in the 2 deep chart. Here are total games played last year for returners:

Senn 12 (12 on offense)
Lundt 12 (12 on offense)
Fortin 11 (5 on offense)
Stewart 11 (1 on offense)
Murawski 11 (6 on offense)
Antolovich 8 (1 on offense)
Juergens 7 (1 on offense)

There are 4 returning scholarship OL who did not see the field last year. Three Fr: Casady, Tunde, Johnson; and one RFr: Wayburn

Incoming: 2 Fr and 1 Syracuse transfer who is a RJr.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yeah but some of that is a 7 yard route on 3rd and nine.

Reaction Score

Logan Frederic is a 6-3 210lb Long Snapper from Littleton, Colorado attending TCU (Transfer Portal w/ four years eligibility remaining)

Reaction Score
Im sure they will work on him. He’ll be a shell of himself in no time. If Charlton can transform a 4* from Penn State into an effective FCS midlevel
QB, image what happens to this kid.

Reaction Score
Ross was not the primary option like Turner was last year, Joly and Buckman had more targets.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom