UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23)

Reaction Score
First I'd like to say that it doesn't bother me too much having someone flip to JMU. They were one of the best FCS teams in the country and they continued their winning ways moving up to FBS.

The recruits we got are great and make me excited for next year. Welcome dogs.

Reaction Score
You know it's pretty embarrassing when you crow over getting 3 star recruits, when all the programs your chasing are stockpiling 4 and 5 star recruits. It also appears that only 1 Connecticut high school recruit committed to the UConn football program. I understand that you have to crawl before you walk, but the football program has been crawling for many years, with little to show for their efforts.
It is what it is.
We are a G5 program. We aren’t recruiting against Ohio State and Georgia. We are recruiting against The MAC, AAC Sunbelt and we might steal a guy from BC, Wake or Vanderbilt, at the bottom of the P4. Which, by the way, is why trying to play 4 or 5 of those teams is not a ticket for success. I’m no expert but it looks like we landed a pretty nice class. Meets our needs. Some guys will redshirt and some (Montgomery kid) will likely play early. I tend to think most recruiting ratings have some bias. A guy who signs wis UConn will be ranked lower than if he signed with NC State. Finally I think there were something like 15 kids who went to school in Connecticut who singed LOI’s for FBS schools. That includes a bunch of prep school kids whose hometowns are in other states. I only counted 6 CT “natives” though I concede that might be an error. In any case zero of the local kids, whether born here or merely attending prep school signed with G5 programs. The kid we signed being the exception of course. So it wasn’t like Chucky Tackle from Glastonbury chose Temple over UConn.

It also seems that high school football, at least in the northeast, is following the pattern established in basketball. Fewer and fewer of the top recruits stay at their local high school. Either from the get go or after a year or 2, they leave the local scene and end up at one of the preps. It is even noticeable at some of the “old powers” like Xavier and Southington I have been told. The top players who 5-10 years ago who went to Xavier now show up at Avon Old Farms or Cheshire or someplace.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
We are a G5 program. We aren’t recruiting against Ohio State and Georgia. We are recruiting against The MAC, AAC Sunbelt and we might steal a guy from BC, Wake or Vanderbilt, at the bottom of the P4. Which, by the way, is why trying to play 4 or 5 of those teams is not a ticket for success. I’m no expert but it looks like we landed a pretty nice class. Meets our needs. Some guys will redshirt and some (Montgomery kid) will likely play early. I tend to think most recruiting ratings have some bias. A guy who signs wis UConn will be ranked lower than if he signed with NC State. Finally I think there were something like 15 kids who went to school in Connecticut who singed LOI’s for FBS schools. That includes a bunch of prep school kids whose hometowns are in other states. I only counted 6 CT “natives” though I concede that might be an error. In any case zero of the local kids, whether born here or merely attending prep school signed with G5 programs. The kid we signed being the exception of course. So it wasn’t like Chucky Tackle from Glastonbury chose Temple over UConn.

It also seems that high school football, at least in the northeast, is following the pattern established in basketball. Fewer and fewer of the top recruits stay at their local high school. Either from the get go or after a year or 2, they leave the local scene and end up at one of the preps. It is even noticeable at some of the “old powers” like Xavier and Southington I have been told. The top players who 5-10 years ago who went to Xavier now show up at Avon Old Farms or Cheshire or someplace.
I know who that is from Twitter don't respond..Worst UConn "fan"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And once again, I'm hyped for next year. I don't know if I'm a masochist, an optimist or eternally ignorant, but lets gooooooooooooo
Never Forget Love GIF by PEEKASSO

Reaction Score
By my math and this could be wrong for sure, but it looks like we have 8 scholarships left with 3 being claimed by people who publicly announced they were committed, but UConn had not announced. So if those guys join, then it should be around 5 additional people we do not know about at some point in the next 9 months before the season.

Reaction Score
By my math and this could be wrong for sure, but it looks like we have 8 scholarships left with 3 being claimed by people who publicly announced they were committed, but UConn had not announced. So if those guys join, then it should be around 5 additional people we do not know about at some point in the next 9 months before the season.
And more will leave after spring practice and the writing on the wall is more clear.

Reaction Score
We need another playmaker WR besides Ross. Joly is gone. Looked at the roster and there are a pile of young guys. We got 2 coming in June.

Got to get something from the portal.

Reaction Score
Is Buckman back for another year or was he 1 and done?

Reaction Score
Didn’t realize Buckman was
Back. Great. How about Geordon?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog