UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2024 - NLI Early Signing Day Thread/Info (12/20/23>12/22/23)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We've done very well in the portal so far. This definitely gives me hope for next year. Hopefully we can snag a few more guys like this.

Does anyone have a scholarship count?
I see us at 85 right now. Depends on a couple guys whose status has never been crystal clear.

Reaction Score
I think he’s happy with he’s got for OL DL. Another DB today. LB yesterday. Maybe we’re done there. Maybe somebody to replace Joly. Il like the 2 RB that we got. Productive.
Think Dominic Toy is going to be that guy to replace Joly, dynamic pass-catching TE who is already big

Reaction Score
Seems a little late to change your mind, but who knows. I don’t know how the process works now. I thought once you signed you were committed at least until the next open period.
He was a JUCO transfer, there is no signing. Probably a hiccup with academics.

Reaction Score

“Jones committed to UConn earlier this month. In five years as a Bruin, Jones recorded 611 total receiving yards and five touchdowns. A withdrawal from the portal reflects an athlete returning to their entry institution. When an athlete commits to a program and enrolls, their status shows as matriculated.”

Reaction Score
Recap to date: 2024 UConn Commit Only List

Offense:
  1. Cole Welliver (QB - Liberty Christian High School, Argyle Texas (UConn Commit 6/15/24)
  2. Jayden Brown (RB) - Lithonia, Georgia > Gardner-Webb (UConn Commit 12/19/23) (Transfer Portal)
  3. Oliver Lundberg Coleman (RB) - RIG Academy, Uppsala, Sweden (UConn Commit 7/31/23)
  4. Durell Robinson (RB) - Seat Pleasant, Maryland > Charlotte (UConn Commit 1/11/24) (Transfer Portal)
  5. Malik Thomas (RB) - Danbury CT > CCSU (UConn PWO Commit 1/7/24) (Transfer Portal)
  6. Clemens Richter (TE) - Dresden Germany > Berkshire School, Sheffield MA (UConn Commit 6/15/23)
  7. Dominic Toy (TE) - Chester High School, Chester PA (UConn Commit 8/5/23)
  8. Deron McLaughlin (OL) - Park Ridge High School, Park Ridge New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/19/23)
  9. Diego Rodriguez (OL) - Hillside High School, Hillside New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/28/23)
  10. Wes Hoeh (OL) - Glen Ellyn Illinois > Syracuse New York (Transfer Portal)
  11. Finn Wilkins (OL) - South Lakes High School, Reston Virginia. (UConn PWO Commit 12/23/23)
  12. Terrence Smith Jr (WR) - South Aiken High School, Aiken South Carolina (UConn Commit 7/15/23)
  13. Brock Montgomery (WR) - Riverdale High School, Murfreesboro Tennessee (Miami Ohio Commit (4/29/23) > Decommit > UConn Commit 6/24/23)
  14. Skyler Bell (WR) - Bronx NY > The Taft School > Wisconsin (UConn Commit1/7/24) (Transfer Portal)
  15. Jasaiah Gathings (WR) - Statesville, North Carolina > Akron University (Ball State Commit 12/19/23 > Decommit > UConn Commit 1/11/24) (Transfer Portal)
Defense:
  1. Cooper Ackerman (DL) - Shrewsbury High School, Shrewsbury MA (UConn Commit 5/25/23)
  2. Kervins Choute (DL) - Deerfield Beach Florida > UCF (UConn Commit 12/17/23 (Transfer Portal)
  3. Jayden Simon (DL) - Tacoma Washington > Colorado > Tulsa (UConn Commit 12/17/23) (Transfer Portal)
  4. Kaleb Stewart (LB) - Chaminade-Madonna College Prep, Hollywood Florida (UConn Commit 3/27/23)
  5. Jon Morris (LB) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (UConn Commit 6/20/23)
  6. Ethan Hogg (LB) - Loyola Academy, Wilmette Illinois (UConn Commit 12/17/23)
  7. Aaron Key (LB) - Decatur Georgia > WKU (UConn Commit 1/7/24) (Transfer Portal)
  8. Julien Simon (LB) - Tacoma Washington > USC > Tulsa University (UConn Commit 1/14/24) (Transfer Portal)
  9. Jordan Wright (DB) - Collierville, Tennessee > Fullertown College (JUCO) > Kansas State (UConn Commit 12/11/23) (Transfer Portal)
  10. Deon Biggins (DB) - Horn Lake Mississippi > Liberty University > Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (UConn Commit 12/19/23) (JUCO)
  11. Reggie Akles (DB) - Portland Oregon > Independence Community College, Independence Kansas > New Mexico State (UConn Commit 12/23/23) (Transfer Portal)
  12. Malachi McLean (DB) - Manvel, Texas > New Mexico State (UConn Commit 1/7/24) (Transfer Portal)
  13. Jarvarius Sims (DB) - Decatur, Georgia >Central Michigan University (ArkState Commit 1/10/24 > Decommit 1/12/24 > UConn Commit 1/14/24 (Transfer Portal)
Special Teams:
  1. Connor Stutz (Punter) - Seattle, Washington > Sacramento State University (UConn Commit 12/14/23) (Transfer Portal)
  2. Chris Freeman (Kicker) - Zionsville, Indiana > Indiana Univ. (UConn Commit 12/30/23) (Transfer Portal)
  3. Logan Frederic (Long Snapper) - Littleton, Colorado > TCU (UConn Commit 1/5/24) (Transfer Portal)

Reaction Score

“Jones committed to UConn earlier this month. In five years as a Bruin, Jones recorded 611 total receiving yards and five touchdowns. A withdrawal from the portal reflects an athlete returning to their entry institution. When an athlete commits to a program and enrolls, their status shows as matriculated.”

Well that sucks

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Details of NIL deals need to be made public if college sports especially college football is gonna be treated as professional sports then make it all public.If fans are asked to donate and contribute to NIL it is our business can’t play with our money and keep things private, just opinion.

Reaction Score
Half of the top coaches used the Alabama opening to negotiate a better deal with their current schools. Can't complain when a player does it as well.
I actually agree with this. Coaches for decades have asked for a level loyalty, character, and honesty they exhibit when its convenient for them.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
So HS kids have to sign a NLI and stick to it but portal kids can come and go as they.please? There needs to be some kind of NLI for transfers as well. Otherwise kids can just do what was stated above, "transfer" to another school with the hope their original school will cough up more NIL money.

Reaction Score
So HS kids have to sign a NLI and stick to it but portal kids can come and go as they.please? There needs to be some kind of NLI for transfers as well. Otherwise kids can just do what was stated above, "transfer" to another school with the hope their original school will cough up more NIL money.
I don't think this would really achieve anything, this situation happens all the time with HS recruits too. They verbally commit to a school and then flip on national signing day when they get a bigger offer from another finalist

Reaction Score
“UConn head football coach Jim Mora announced the Huskies have added 10 transfer student-athletes who will join the Huskies for the spring semester. The 10 new players join the previously announced six transfers and 12 incoming freshmen headed to UConn for the 2024 season.”

** Deon Biggins (DB) - Horn Lake Mississippi > Liberty University > Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (UConn Commit 12/19/23 but no confirmation from UConn on expected campus arrival) (JUCO) **

Reaction Score
Half of the top coaches used the Alabama opening to negotiate a better deal with their current schools. Can't complain when a player does it as well.
I'm no fan of the absurd economics (and ethics) of the coaching market, but they never announced they were going to Alabama. When a kid "commits" that changes the strategy of the inbound school. They may stop recruiting other players at the position or make offers with remaining scholarships at the next priority position of need. It's one thing to say, "I'm going to go somewhere else if you don't up the $$" or even to shop the offer by saying "I've got an offer from school Y that I'm going to take if you don't up the $$." It's quite another to say "I've 'committed' to school Y but I'll drop them if you up the $$."

Reaction Score
Today is the first day of the spring semester. Whoever is here is here. Otherwise it’s summer.

Reaction Score
Any assessments on how much UConn’s portal additions will (or should) improve the team in 24? Can someone with more knowledge than me take a stab at it? I see a lot of names and positions but I have no idea how big an improvement they constitute as a whole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom