UConn Football Class of 2022 National Signing Day Coverage (Feb. 2nd >) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Football Class of 2022 National Signing Day Coverage (Feb. 2nd >)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

February signing day going well for ... UConn?

The Huskies are listed at 102 in 247Sports' rankings for the 2022 recruiting class, putting them ahead of Arizona State, Kansas and Ohio, among others.

Claire Kuwana

It’s slightly past noon Eastern time on national signing day and UConn has a better class right now than Arizona State pic.twitter.com/r5152CksHA
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) February 2, 2022

Reaction Score

-> Edwards went on an official visit to the Storrs campus last Friday and made his final decision during the weekend after narrowing the choices to UConn, Rhode Island and Central Connecticut. “When I got on the campus,” Edwards said, “it felt like I was at home.”

After watching UConn games from the stands from a young age, he’ll now have the chance to be in the spotlight. “I went to UConn games when I was little, so I’ve always wanted to go to UConn,” Edwards said. “I wanted to be one of those dudes on the stage playing in college football.” <-

-> A 6-foot, 190-pound running back and defensive back, Edwards said he was eager to join the Huskies and become part of the program’s new direction under coach Jim Mora. He said he’s been in touch with coach John Marinelli and defensive backs coach Dalton Hilliard “almost every day.”

“I want to be a part of the culture of rebuilding,” Edwards said. “It’s a new staff and a new culture, and I want to be a part of that journey. I’m very positive that UConn is going to turn it around.” <-

Reaction Score
There WILL be a spring game on April 22nd, but NOT necessarily at the RENT. Coach wants to find a facility to accommodate those fans that wish to attend.
Any ideas? Morrone soccer stadium-Willow Brook Park- Duncan Donuts Park-somewhere in Fairfield County?
In any case, Caoch wants it to be a Friday Night Lights type of affair.
During his press conference, I thought he said it would be on campus, but he wanted the ability for fans to watch. He also said he didn’t want weather to impact the ability of the team to have a productive practice game which seemed to mean The Rent was out.

Reaction Score
There WILL be a spring game on April 22nd, but NOT necessarily at the RENT. Coach wants to find a facility to accommodate those fans that wish to attend.
Any ideas? Morrone soccer stadium-Willow Brook Park- Duncan Donuts Park-somewhere in Fairfield County?
In any case, Caoch wants it to be a Friday Night Lights type of affair.
During his press conference, I thought he said it would be on campus, but he wanted the ability for fans to watch. He also said he didn’t want weather to impact the ability of the team to have a productive practice game which seemed to mean The Rent was out.
Hear here:
38:25 +/- mark he talks about the Spring Practice Schedule, Open Practices and a Friday Night Lights Blue/White game "most likely on campus" but specifics still be determined.

Reaction Score
Wait what’s that white one doing in there? I heard on the men’s basketball board that there’s no such thing as a white husky!
Not every dog fits the breed type, sometimes there is a mutation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not every dog fits the breed type, sometimes there is a mutation.
It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that the school abandoned its 80 year tradition having a white husky as a mascot in the last rebranding.
1643892304777.png

Reaction Score
It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that the school abandoned its 80 year tradition having a white husky as a mascot in the last rebranding.
View attachment 72934
The husky before the current Jonathan was all white and passed away at the end of last year.

Reaction Score
View attachment 72934
My apologies. My comment was meant lighthearted and I had intended to have an emoji to somewhat imply that.
Hopefully we have more "mutations" on the field and their performance really stands out.

Reaction Score

Well, he actually named a venue for the spring game now, that's the first I've heard that other than him saying on campus.

It'd be real nice if fan interest caused a bit of a logistical nightmare and many more than the 5-6 thousand showed up. I know that may be pie in the sky hopeful thinking considering our recent game attendance but a guy can dream.

Reaction Score

Well, he actually named a venue for the spring game now, that's the first I've heard that other than him saying on campus.

It'd be real nice if fan interest caused a bit of a logistical nightmare and many more than the 5-6 thousand showed up. I know that may be pie in the sky hopeful thinking considering our recent game attendance but a guy can dream.
2:11 mark of embedded video/Mora interview.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let it go… let’s not spin another thread completely off the rails.
Lol, I suspect we’re safe on the football board.

Reaction Score

No ummms, no you knows, no fish cakes, no Deleone. Mora exudes Honesty, expectations and vision. Hopefully it continues and if this guy can translate that into on the field and in the classroom achievements, how can you not get behind this - other than fear of having our hearts ripped out again of course :) ?

He's comfortable in his own skin. He's affable. He's decisive (see roster turnover and staff assembled). Last pieces are connecting with the players, player development, game planning and then the ever dreaded execution.

My long winded way of saying he feels like the right man for the job at this time in the program's history. I was right about Pasqualoni early on (he was going to fail), wrong about Fiasco (should have known with the bucket hats), wrong about 2.0 (wishful thinking) so hopefully I can even my predictions out.

Reaction Score

February signing day going well for ... UConn?

The Huskies are listed at 102 in 247Sports' rankings for the 2022 recruiting class, putting them ahead of Arizona State, Kansas and Ohio, among others.

Claire Kuwana
In fairness to ASU they have exactly nine commits in their class. You better be beating that or its time to fold up the tents.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The first thing out of Mora's mouth that I haven't really liked.

It's one thing to hold them accountable like NFL players for things you can do for any team at any level- meetings, film, time management, etc.

But in terms of skill, strength and conditioning Mora has inherited something closer to FCS than NFL and trying to treat them like a finished product rather than extreme developmental players can go astray.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's comfortable in his own skin. He's affable. He's decisive (see roster turnover and staff assembled). Last pieces are connecting with the players, player development, game planning and then the ever dreaded execution.

Probably the most important characteristic Mora has displayed. He knows who he is and isn't trying to prove everyone else wrong or use this as the first ring on his ladder of success.

Edsall had to make everyone else wrong moreso than be right himself. PP was same way bringing in his old ways and old cronies. Diaco we all hoped had great success knowing he was bolting if his success led to bigger pastures.

Mora has a bit of that California cool and knowing he is part of the club already and doesn't need to flash anything to get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom