UConn 2023 Wins against ACC football opponents

Votes: 9 8.0%

Votes: 36 32.1%

Votes: 44 39.3%

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
These games may be significant for the Atheltic department. We have 3 games against ACC opponents. How many games do you think we will win?

I am hoping for a surprise against NCST.

Preseason CFB Rankings:

From the link: Which schools should push back into the elite, which ones might be just okay, and which ones (cough ... 2022 UConn and TCU ... cough) might be ranked way too low and can throw it back in our face later?

UConn - 121
NCST - 30
BCU - 62
Duke - 58

Reaction Score
These games may be significant for the Atheltic department. We have 3 games against ACC opponents. How many games do you think we will win?

I am hoping for a surprise against NCST.

Preseason CFB Rankings:

From the link: Which schools should push back into the elite, which ones might be just okay, and which ones (cough ... 2022 UConn and TCU ... cough) might be ranked way too low and can throw it back in our face later?

UConn - 121
NCST - 30
BCU - 62
Duke - 58
If we get a step up in production from the QB position we win all three. The way we lost to NC State might help us here if they have to face a more confident and efficient team this year early and on the road. My irrational exuberance says we win all three games. The BC, Tennessee and JMU stretch on the road is the most worrying part of the schedule. As always, let's just win the next game and build from there.

Reaction Score
I want a win against NC St. bad. Odds be damned. Hopefully this last round of realignment nonsense was the bulletin board material Mora needed to put the team on notice and tell them "It's us against ephing everybody. This is what everybody thinks of us." To quote Major League... there's only one thing left to do.

Reaction Score
I want a win against NC St. bad. Odds be damned. Hopefully this last round of realignment nonsense was the bulletin board material Mora needed to put the team on notice and tell them "It's us against ephing everybody. This is what everybody thinks of us." To quote Major League... there's only one thing left to do.
that "us against everybody" is usually nonsense fodder to pump up the locker room, which i can't get mad at - whatever it takes. But in this case, it's never been truer lol.

no one in the country believes, and hopefully it makes for a great documentary in a few years after we make it to the big boys' table.

Reaction Score
responding to the poll - i hope for 3, think 2 is an doable stretch (BC+Duke), and 1 is absolutely necessary - P5 "perception" is still the issue keeping us out, and "season sweep" losses, even close ones, repeatedly to a P5 opponent is exactly what they want to see, to maintain their lazy narrative that we suck/don't add value/don't "invest" (whatever that means), etc.

0-3 vs ACC, which IMO is among the weakest of the P5 conferences, would be hard for our AD and president to overcome at the next bargaining table.

also keep in mind the pretty much automatic loss to tennessee, which brings us to a whopping 0-4 vs P5/nationally relevant teams. hard pill.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
at worst we win 1, that BC roster will struggle to beat anyone on their schedule, the way things are scheduled for us both Carolina teams having to play a huge home game vs Notre Dame after us, I think we upset one of those team.

Reaction Score
I think we easily beat BC, even game with Duke and NC St. At least two wins. Duke is well coached and NC St does not beat themselves. BC is poorly coached and their OL and DL are their weaknesses.

Reaction Score
This is the year the Huskies start kicking az and taking prisoners. It's going to be better than most of us could ever expect. They will not only go 3-0 vs ACC, two of the games will be comfortable. It's going to be crazy fun and very rewarding for us longtime fans in particular.

Reaction Score
This is the year the Huskies start kicking az and taking prisoners. It's going to be better than most of us could ever expect. They will not only go 3-0 vs ACC, two of the games will be comfortable. It's going to be crazy fun and very rewarding for us longtime fans in particular.

Last year (at least the first half of the season) I made decent money betting on UConn (and the NY Giants). Except for the Giants, I will do the same with UConn this year as we continue to surprise. Should we figure out a way to get past NC ST, it sets up a very interesting year. Hopefully thats the yard talk track starting on 9/1.

Reaction Score
I feel like we have a coach that gives us a chance.
Under HCRE2.0 you knew the outcome before the game and there was never any surprises. The guy coached not to win.

Love Mora’s attitude and what he’s done with overall mindset of this team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom