UConn Football 2019 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2019 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage

Reaction Score
I believe Randy and staff smartly targeted transfer impact players at the skill positions, that will give our youngsters time to adapt to the college game allowing some of them to redshirt before being thrown into the deep end of the pool. I think Ardell Brown and Art Tompkins will make our offense truly dynamic. They both are very skilled and have breakaway speed like we have rarely seen at UConn.
Also getting some experience on the DL and at LB for the same reason will be a huge help in shoring up that defense this year. If we get any additional late transfers a safety or CB would be ideal.
In addition we appear to have signed many fantastic athletics and quality individuals in the freshmen class that have the potential to grow into quality if not star college players. If you watch most of their longer highlight tapes or read their commitment statements this is very apparent.
Overall I feel the program will be in much better shape after this recruiting class and hopefully each subsequent year continues to get better.
Also consider some perceived "misses", could have just been staff preferences as we generally signed players from the same positions on many of those "misses".
Fair enough and would agree. My only point was I don’t think we get out of this rut without a change in team dynamic. This tends to happen when a squad gets a few impact players that elevate the team. A special QB and one or two exceptional skill guys can turn a team around. Likewise, 2 or 3 good players on the DL or LB positions can make a world of difference. We have to score a few real P5 foundation level players willing to invest in doing something special. Randy obviously isn’t selling that effectively. Taking names off uniforms tells you he isn’t selling a chance to make a name, to be the favorite son who raised UConn to prominence. He’s selling blood,sweat and tears.

Reaction Score
Fair enough and would agree. My only point was I don’t think we get out of this rut without a change in team dynamic. This tends to happen when a squad gets a few impact players that elevate the team. A special QB and one or two exceptional skill guys can turn a team around. Likewise, 2 or 3 good players on the DL or LB positions can make a world of difference. We have to score a few real P5 foundation level players willing to invest in doing something special. Randy obviously isn’t selling that effectively. Taking names off uniforms tells you he isn’t selling a chance to make a name, to be the favorite son who raised UConn to prominence. He’s selling blood,sweat and tears.

He’s not taking names off the jerseys... some you guys need reading comprehension

Reaction Score
Who is running this account these days? Some of the posts over the past week could have had better tact.

It's a fan account now. The UConn Rivals site changed their name from UConn Report to Storrs Central and within 24 hours of changing the Twitter handle someone created a new @UConnReport handle. @StorrsCentral is the real account.

Reaction Score

I encourage anyone worried about exceptional skill guys to watch this video
on Art Thompkins and these videos on Ardell Brown Ardell Brown Career Tape and Ardell Brown RS Junior Season. Both of them have a good chance of playing on Sundays on their speed and hands alone. They are legit impact players. I'm not as sold on Beaudry only because I see too many throws off his back foot in his videos, but with Washington and Krajewski also in the room I am confident the competition is going to give us quality QB play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom