UConn Football 2019 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Football 2019 National Signing Day/Press Conference Coverage

Reaction Score
At one time, this was the best Twitter UConn account around. Now it's just a sad shell of complaints. Over and over again. Not worth following anymore.

I unfollowed but unfortunately still shows up on my timeline sometimes cause other (idiotic) UConn fans like/RT it.

Reaction Score
At one time, this was the best Twitter UConn account around. Now it's just a sad shell of complaints. Over and over again. Not worth following anymore.
It really is sad. I think it all started with Lashlee leaving for the SMU job. Which is such a stupid reason to start trashing your alma mater - even ignoring all of the rumors of his wife hating the northeast. It's an assistant coach. The guy that we replaced him with has been fine. It's just odd.

Reaction Score
It really is sad. I think it all started with Lashlee leaving for the SMU job. Which is such a stupid reason to start trashing your alma mater - even ignoring all of the rumors of his wife hating the northeast. It's an assistant coach. The guy that we replaced him with has been fine. It's just odd.
Exactly, if I wanted to read anti-UConn tweets, I could easily read the Trolls from 'Cuse and Rutgers. So, why bother follow a guy who has an axe to grind? The saddest part about the whole thing is that is Twitter handle is a phrase from a basketball coach who was run out of town for not being able to recruit, retain players and ultimately win. So...Hurley comes in and in year one has a top 10 class, O'h yes, lets blame football. #Noescalators

Reaction Score
I could not agree with this more. Literally, all they do is complain. Part of the problem, really. Used to love this account, but instead of the witty, insightful, funny tweets that they used to write, its just negative energy now.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I know nothing about football recruiting, so can someone that isn't a casual recruiting fan tell me how this class ranks vs. other AAC schools and vs. our past recruiting classes the last few years? Thanks

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Exactly, if I wanted to read anti-UConn tweets, I could easily read the Trolls from 'Cuse and Rutgers. So, why bother follow a guy who has an axe to grind? The saddest part about the whole thing is that is Twitter handle is a phrase from a basketball coach who was run out of town for not being able to recruit, retain players and ultimately win. So...Hurley comes in and in year one has a top 10 class, O'h yes, lets blame football. #Noescalators

How many ways can a single twitter account demonstrate idiocy? Apparently its infinite.

Reaction Score
Where does our class rank in the American?
It will probably rate last or next to last as there are only 16 recruits as we have 4 grad transfers that don't count in recruiting rankings and 2 kids from Canada that don't really get evaluated.

Reaction Score
Impressive indeed - nice get to top off the day!
1549491779377.png

Reaction Score
My assessment of Randy’s great recruiting efforts: Meh. Not going to turn the tide in any significant way. We need one or two high impact players.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My assessment of Randy’s great recruiting efforts: Meh. Not going to turn the tide in any significant way. We need one or two high impact players.
We were close but missed.

Now we have to bet on player development and that we get more passing/total production from the QB position. Better QB play (no disrespect to the marvelous scrambling skills of Pindell and Sherriffs) could offset whatever misses we just had.

And we have to hope for a couple more transfer surprises with one being an impact player.

Reaction Score
Who are our linebackers going to be? Not as worried about D-line as that position group. That's where we needed impact players.

Reaction Score

I believe Randy and staff smartly targeted transfer impact players at the skill positions, that will give our youngsters time to adapt to the college game allowing some of them to redshirt before being thrown into the deep end of the pool. I think Ardell Brown and Art Tompkins will make our offense truly dynamic. They both are very skilled and have breakaway speed like we have rarely seen at UConn.
Also getting some experience on the DL and at LB for the same reason will be a huge help in shoring up that defense this year. If we get any additional late transfers a safety or CB would be ideal.
In addition we appear to have signed many fantastic athletics and quality individuals in the freshmen class that have the potential to grow into quality if not star college players. If you watch most of their longer highlight tapes or read their commitment statements this is very apparent.
Overall I feel the program will be in much better shape after this recruiting class and hopefully each subsequent year continues to get better.
Also consider some perceived "misses", could have just been staff preferences as we generally signed players from the same positions on many of those "misses".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Who are our linebackers going to be? Not as worried about D-line as that position group. That's where we needed impact players.

Just a guess here but perhaps we will see:
S - Harris / Gardner (really need this kid to fulfill his high potential)
M - K Jones / Webb or Gilmartin / Bryant (walk on)
W - Ganyi / Hahn / Mitchell

Maybe long run the potential of Mitchell is S, but if he see time this year I would think its at the W...unless he is able to add more body weight than typical for a freshman.

I hear Ganyi practiced well last fall.

We have some extra DBs, so maybe guys like Swenson, Morrison or Banks slide into the W position as back up/nickel safeties.

I expect the LB position to be one Randy seeks transfer help with after spring practice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
NFW, the optimist regularly posts on these hoops and gridiron boards. ... just a sad shell of complaints. Over and over again.

Reaction Score
Just a guess here but perhaps we will see:
S - Harris / Gardner (really need this kid to be his full potential)
M - K Jones / Webb or Gilmartin / Bryant (walk on)
W - Ganyi / Hahn / Mitchell

Maybe long run the potential of Mitchell is S, but if he see time this year I would think its at the W...unless he is able to add more body weight than typical for a freshman.

I hear Ganyi practiced well last fall.

We have some extra DBs, so maybe guys like Swenson, Morrison or Banks slide into the W position as back up/nickel safeties.

I expect the LB position to be one Randy seeks transfer help with after spring practice.

I agree with your two deep at linebacker.

I think Mitchell is destined to be a DE and my guess is Fortt may be tried out at LB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom