UConn Field Hockey 2018 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Field Hockey 2018

Reaction Score
#2 Maryland loses 3-1 to a UVa team that likely wont even make the tourney.

Reaction Score
Whoa, Harvard beat @Princeton 3-1 to throw things into disarray

Duke moves up to 3rd #1 imo
Prin still has edge over UConn for last host spot based on regular season win but ...

Harvard was ranked 9th at the time of this game, so not a total disaster for the Tigers. Still, considering that Princeton's record is now 11-4, which also includes a loss to Rutgers, it may be enough to get UConn back into the the top 4 in the poll, and possibly a home seed for the NCAA tourney. We'll see.

Reaction Score
Have to think that if UConn takes care of business in the Big East tournament that they will be the fourth host school in the NCAA tournament. I would also guess that there very well could be a return engagement against Princeton as well.

Reaction Score
Do Princeton and Harvard have a league tournament or are they done until the NCAA's. Duke will probably lose again to UNC in the ACC. Maybe even not make the final.

Reaction Score
Do Princeton and Harvard have a league tournament or are they done until the NCAA's. Duke will probably lose again to UNC in the ACC. Maybe even not make the final.

Duke is second in the ACC standings, so unless there is an upset they would play UNC in the ACC tourney final. Duke have four losses, twice to UNC (one of them is non league), and once to Maryland and Princeton.

Ivy League does not have a tournament, but the Ivy teams all have a league game this Saturday.

Reaction Score
Have to think that if UConn takes care of business in the Big East tournament that they will be the fourth host school in the NCAA tournament. I would also guess that there very well could be a return engagement against Princeton as well.

Tough to say.

Princeton beat UConn. If it's a tossup for the last spot, the edge could go to the team that won head-to-head.
Then again, Harvard beat Princeton and is 13-1. And wins the conference title with a win this week. Could a conference runnerup get to host over the conf champ?

I could see any of them being a host.

Reaction Score
Tough to say.

Princeton beat UConn. If it's a tossup for the last spot, the edge could go to the team that won head-to-head.
Then again, Harvard beat Princeton and is 13-1. And wins the conference title with a win this week. Could a conference runnerup get to host over the conf champ?

I could see any of them being a host.

I had not looked at Harvard's schedule before, but their one loss was to Maryland. So their profile looks pretty good as well. I'm inclined to downgrade Princeton for their loss to Rutgers, but in addition to UConn the Tigers also have a win over Duke as well.

Reaction Score
Big East regular season awards were handed out today, and as you might expect, UConn came out with a bunch of them:

Coaching Staff of the Year - UConn
Cecile Pieper - Defensive Player of the Year
Cheyenne Sprecher - Freshman of the Year

The following UConn Players were named to the All Big East First Team:

Cecile Pieper - Unanimous selection
Cheyenne Sprecher - Unanimous selection
Svea Boker
Amanda Collins
Amelia Iacobucci

Antonia Tiedtke was named to the All Big East Second Team.

Numerous Huskies Earn BIG EAST End-of-Year Honors - UConn Huskies | University of Connecticut Athletics

Liberty's Moroni, UConn's Pieper and Sprecher Take #BIGEASTfh Honors

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bracket prediction:

MiaOH/BU @ UNC (1)
Wake v Penn St

Maine @ Duke (4)
Harvard v Michigan

Monm/Del @ Md (2)
Iowa v Lou

St Joes @ Prin (3)
Rutgers v UConn