UConn Favored in AAC Coaches Poll, Nurse Favored for POY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Favored in AAC Coaches Poll, Nurse Favored for POY

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Alexis Jones, Nina Davis, Kristy Wallace, Alexis Prince, Lauren Cox, Kalani Brown, Beatrice Mompremier.

Sorry, is that more than 4?

YIKES.. that's just Baylor alone! :eek:

Loan us a big girl next year.. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kelsey Mitchell, Shatori Walker-Kimbrough, Jessica Shepard and Nia Coffey

Makayla Epps, Diamond DeShields, Ashja Jones and Victoria Vivians

Myisha Hines Allen, Bianna Turner, Leticia Romero and Alexis Peterson
No. No. No. but you are getting closer..

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Name 4 players in any conference better than KLS, Kia, Gabby, & Napheesa.

Let's make a game of this. Do all of the players have to come from the same conference?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's make a game of this. Do all of the players have to come from the same conference?
That was the stipulation and the point was if you put KLS, Gabby, Kia & Napheesa in any conference they would contenders for among the best 4 players in ANY conference. It more about the players that were left off the list like Crystal Dangerfield.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Name 4 players in any conference better than KLS, Kia, Gabby, & Napheesa.

ACC

PG - Kia Nurse < Lindsay Allen or Lexie Brown? No? A wash.. maybe?

SF/Big Wings - KLS... I'm not sure there's a big wing in the ACC better than KLS, more than likely not, but there are several that will give her a run I think. Mariya Moore, maybe? Erin Boley has the weapons to be a great eventually. I don't know.. I'm just throwing names out there.. KLS is clearly superior than just about anybody here, probably nationally.

PF - Collier < Myisha Hines Allen... I think so. At the present at least. I think Collier takes a leap some time this year though.

"Athletic as heck hybrid power forwards" - Gabby Williams < Shakayla Thomas...

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
bags27 beat me to it; I was going to note that there are 6 listed on the "First Team", and I don't see anything denoting that two tied for one position.

It should also be noted that there was only ONE unanimous choice for the first team...Butts from Temple. I find it shocking that any coach in the league could leave either Nurse or Lou off of their first team ballot, especially considering that Nurse was picked for PrePOY. I'm guessing that at least one coach out there just doesn't appreciate the UConn way of doing things, OR this is an extension of the lets-give-everyone-NOT-UConn-a-vote-as-long-as-we-can-get-away-with-it effect.
This happens all the time. Each year, many players are named "All League." Many teams are predicted to be "outstanding." The truth always comes out WHEN THE SEASON IS OVER!
Check the stats then!

Reaction Score
I'm surprised to see Nurse; I would've thought KLS was the clear pick.
Nurse has benefited from being the off guard to MoJeff. Her mistakes were not deadly and there was less pressure. That all changes this year. And how she performs in her new role will have a big impact on how UConn fares this year.

Reaction Score
No, Leticia Romero plays on Spain's National Team
Hmmm... FSU is listing her as a senior on their 2016-17 roster. And Leticia has been tweeting FSU stuff (including pictures of ACC media day and a media day poster with her on it) as recently as October 12...

Women's Basketball - Roster - Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site

Leticia Romero (@LeticiaRomero95) | Twitter

upload_2016-10-24_17-22-44.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Geno and the players are in the last 25 minutes of the video.

Coach says that the tough early season schedule was predicated partly on Morgan coming back.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did they pick a FOY? I think that decision would be Crystal clear.

CtZWGblW8AAm1fP.jpg

I just read that the American does not select a FOY in advance. Keep your eyes on Crystal Dangerfield. If you blink, she'll run by you.

Reaction Score
As usual, so many of you are all about scoring offense. I don't expect that Kia's offensive numbers will match those of Lou, Gabby, and perhaps even Napheesa. But if I recall correctly she has consistently been one of the best defensive players on the team, and this year will probably be the best defensive option we have. Her spirit, enthusiasm, and leadership skills will not be matched by another player. So, just wondering, does any of this count?

Reaction Score
It's Kia's team. She clearly showed she could lead as a frosh when the upper class studs where getting it together. Now we see what she does when she doesn't have to defer.

I agree with our guests. Wait until March to see what's what.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That was the stipulation and the point was if you put KLS, Gabby, Kia & Napheesa in any conference they would contenders for among the best 4 players in ANY conference. It more about the players that were left off the list like Crystal Dangerfield.

I didn't know that marijuana possession was legal up north.

Reaction Score
As usual, so many of you are all about scoring offense. I don't expect that Kia's offensive numbers will match those of Lou, Gabby, and perhaps even Napheesa. But if I recall correctly she has consistently been one of the best defensive players on the team, and this year will probably be the best defensive option we have. Her spirit, enthusiasm, and leadership skills will not be matched by another player. So, just wondering, does any of this count?

no..................

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Hmmm... FSU is listing her as a senior on their 2016-17 roster. And Leticia has been tweeting FSU stuff (including pictures of ACC media day and a media day poster with her on it) as recently as October 12...

Women's Basketball - Roster - Florida State Seminoles Official Athletic Site

Leticia Romero (@LeticiaRomero95) | Twitter

View attachment 16353
The question was is Kia Nurse the only college player that participated in the Olympics, hence my answer. Leticia Romero is on the Spanish National Team as well as playing for FSU. Sorry if the explanation was incomplete.

Reaction Score
Ahh - sorry, my bad. Guess your first word - "No" - should have been clear enough - duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom