Uconn fans outside northeast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn fans outside northeast

Reaction Score
I'm in Myrtle Beach this week as well with a group playing golf.

The UConn golf team is in the area right now. I saw them yesterday on the southern end of Myrtle on Pawleys Island at True Blue on Wednesday.

The northeast presence is strong in this area. Run in to people from Northeast everywhere we go.

I'm out on western panhandle of Florida on the gulf coast. From Destin to Fort Walton Beach, Navarre, Pensacola Beach, Gulf Breeze, Perdido Key, FL and Orange Beach and Gulf Shorea, AL there are plenty of CT license plates.
That's the best! I love true blue. And Pawleys plantation. My 2 favorites. Even though people hate on em

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Asheville, NC in a condo complex. There are twelve units in my cluster. In one unit there is a graduate from Syracuse, in another there are Cuse fans originally from upstate NY.

We’re originally from Goshen. Last year a woman moved into one of the units from Torrington and is a UConn women’s fan.

There are no UNC or Duke fans in this cluster even though they are significantly distributed in other clusters. Need one of the math nerds to figure out the odds of this setup happening.

Anyways two units are happy.

This is the way! I have spoken!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Flying the flag at 7,000 ft up in the San Juans in SW Colorado. People who work in the local hardawre store and a couple other places are from CT, and have struck up conversation when I'm wearing UConn gear - mainly girls or women who are aware of the womens' BB team. But haven't yet run into another local alum (talked to one visiting and skiing at Telluride once).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I used to be a UConn fan in Northern California. Ran in to almost no UConn fans, but several Whalers fans. Kind of strange really. But I found very few big fans of college sports at all.

Here in metro Boston, plenty of UConn alumni and fans but they aren't very organized. UConn Alumni Association has a watch location at "The Greatest Bar" in Boston, which is a terrible bar and hard to get to for anyone not in the city itself. We need a metro-west group.

Reaction Score
I live 42 miles south Tropicana Field. I deliver for UPS during "Peak season" aka "the holidays" and see Husky flags, shirts and hats everywhere. I have a few Husky basketball stickers on my car which always starts a conversation.
We're you at Gampel South in Gainesville this year for shellacking of Gators. Lots of UCONN fans shows up.

Reaction Score
Bluffton, SC, on the mainland where you take the bridge to Hilton Head Island. Lots of people from the NE and MW here and most know the men's team's history as well as the women's.

No other UConn fans I'm aware of in our community but a nice (I know, hard to believe) PC fan down the street. He told me he sees the good guys going all the way and laughed and said, "typical" when I told him about some PC fans at the Garden.

1. Five loud mouth college age fans three rows in front of us (UConn section) jumping up and down each time PC scored, turning around making RI type gestures towards those behind them, bobbing their heads, and one guy throwing the bird. Well, they left when PC was down 26 and on the way out one threw the bird at a "mature" Husky fan who was saying "bye bye". We all wondered what they were thinking as the lead shrank because PC's rally began immediately on their departure.

2. Middle aged PC fan with a heavy RI accent sitting two rows behind us and right behind a "mature" black man and his wife. This dolt was pushing his knee into the back of the man's seat and when the man politely asked him to stop he replied, "I'm here to enjoy the game". When the guy left for a few minutes I told the man he should tell the PC fan, "you know, you're right. You should do whatever you want this game since it'll be your last in this year's tournament". He got a good laugh and the PC fan played nice when he came back but didn't come to the second double header. Must have bought tickets on line.

Reaction Score
Raleigh, NC - I see a few UConn license plates/shirts, etc from time to time, but the majority around here are of course, UNC/Duke/NC State fans. Phil Gamble lives here, had an encounter with him at a gas station last year. Ironically, Chris Wilcox (was on the NC Maryland team that we lost to in the 2002 Elite 8 game) lives in my neighborhood but have yet to run into him....

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
stuck at a conference in phoenix that I have no interest in attending, gonna be watching games on my personal laptop and "taking notes" on my work laptop. thinking about wearing my jersey that I brought tomorrow to the sessions.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Elmhurst, IL, just west of Chicago and just south of O'Hare. I rep UConn hard out here but I've yet to convert anyone. Lot's of Big 10 grads, Marquette, and ND. There are 2 types of ND grads, Ones that will tell you they are ND grads in the first sentence when they meet you and the ones that don't. Stay away from the former.

Reaction Score
I can say the the UConn Women are a major national brand. Despite the recent lack of national championships, I think they are America's team for women's basketball. Wherever I got across the country, I encounter UConn Women's fans. I see Men's fans too, but fewer do to popularity of other national programs. Great to see love for UConn when I travel. I've even seen some in Europe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom