UCONN fans, if you win...who would you rather | The Boneyard

UCONN fans, if you win...who would you rather

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
..play...South Carolina or Stanford...and why ?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
..play...South Carolina or Stanford...and why ?
Stanford...Because I think it would be only fitting that the TWO BEST and WINNINGEST coaches play for the Championship in this COVID induced year of basketball. Also since UConn has already played SC it should be someone else they play. I think they also would end up with a larger audience with Tara and Geno going head to head.

Reaction Score
If we win against AZ, i would think SC is a better opponent for UConn because while they are better defensively than Stanford, they are limited on offense. That said, i would prefer Stanford as i think it would be a better game for WBB.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Stanford. Playing a team you beat (in some sense humiliated) is not on my wish list

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I want to win!!! As ScottCt commented, "SC is not a good 3 point shooting team", Stanford is. IMO, we'd have a better chance of beating SC than Stanford. The Stanford/South Carolina game should be fun to watch. Two #1 seeds going at it. My money is on Stanford. Here's hoping that UConn plays their two best games of the season. But.....let the chips fall where they may. If we play these next two games like we played against Iowa, we can win number 12. To the victor goes the spoils.................and the championship. :cool:

Our young team has had a phenomenal season. It's been well documented and discussed that this is a young freshman ladened team. A good number of posters commented that if THIS young team could make it to the final four, it would be remarkable, and would provide a solid building block for next year when Azzi and the rest of her classmates arrive. Well, they did. Win-lose or draw, I love this team. I've enjoyed watching them this season.

I especially enjoyed being in the chatroom with my fellow UConn fans and boosters. It's more fun being in there and exchanging observations than watching the game alone. No one else in my house is a UConn wbb fan. None of them give a rip about wcbb. :(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have a game to play before this would come to mind. Having said that I'm an anyone, anywhere, anytime type of guy. ;)

@eebmg
Stanford. Playing a team you beat (in some sense humiliated) is not on my wish list
I most always like what you bring to the table but this is confusing for me. How is a four point loss in overtime humiliating for any team?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
SC because they don't have the depth of the Trees and because from what I see Boston is a shadow of her former self. Also want to give Dawn an opportunity to use her ego and imagination in the creation of another butt stupid banner.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
We have a game to play before this would come to mind. Having said that I'm an anyone, anywhere, anytime type of guy. ;)

@eebmg

I most always like what you bring to the table but this is confusing for me. How is a four point loss in overtime humiliating for any team?
Humiliating imo because

1) They missed so many chippees at the end of regulation with their star Boston missing the easiest of them all
2) Our freshman Paige toyed with their guards and particularly left Zia Cooke with a strained neck after so many back door cuts
3) Dawn was so flustered with late game TO's by the guards, she blamed the ball.
4) They believed the Hype that they ruled the baddest conference (SEC) and probably thought we were overhyped after we lost to Arkansas

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I rather play South Carolina because they they are not a good 3 point shooting team. Stanford's shooting ability makes me very nervous.
Like @ScottCT said.

EDIT: Part of my position is based on Nika's injury. Our 3-pt line defense would be much better with her. Having said all that, if UConn doesn't win it all, I'd want Arizona to first, Stanford next. Don't want SCar winning it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dont know much about Stanford but I dont want to play with SC as Boston is a problem inside. I dont think our bigs can handle it.

Reaction Score
I would rather play So Carolina because I think they pose less matchup issues than Stanford. UConn has already played, battled and beat a better version of South Carolina in Baylor. They have not played anyone all season that has what Stanford has, size and shooters all over the floor. I always love to see Tara lose but she has a formidable team this year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom