UCONN falls to #3 AP Poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN falls to #3 AP Poll

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
This weekend should tell us more about MD, NC State and Stanford. And the Terps have an interesting Dec. 13th date.
Love that Brenda has a great OOC schedule this season.

:rolleyes:
Oops, I forgot to include Indiana as part of the Baha Mar Hoops festivities.

Reaction Score
If not for A. Boston South Carolina might not be #1, without Caitlin Clark Iowa isn’t #8. Without Lebron James, the Lakers don’t win the 2020 title.
What does it matter? Paige is apart of a team. Polls aren’t based on what teams would look like without their superstar players.
Getting to where a person can't gush about a favorite star without running into a snark brigade

Reaction Score
if not for the phenomenal Paige Bueckers, they wouldn’t even be in the top 5
"Phenomenal" Paige Bueckers was in the game vs Arizona? Williams that game was the best player. Bueckers also played yesterday with turnovers vs SC. You know who played really well with the ball? Williams. Sometimes I think there are just Bueckers fans that never admit she has a bad game and that she is a team. I was told to play for the front of the jersey not the back. Can only imagine if a teammate ever felt this type of all glory to Paige and none to the rest of the team when they win.

Reaction Score
This weekend should tell us more about MD, NC State and Stanford. And the Terps have an interesting Dec. 13th date.
Love that Brenda has a great OOC schedule this season.

:rolleyes:
She did last year too, but COVID got in the way.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Phenomenal" Paige Bueckers was in the game vs Arizona? Williams that game was the best player. Bueckers also played yesterday with turnovers vs SC. You know who played really well with the ball? Williams. Sometimes I think there are just Bueckers fans that never admit she has a bad game and that she is a team. I was told to play for the front of the jersey not the back. Can only imagine if a teammate ever felt this type of all glory to Paige and none to the rest of the team when they win.
Both Paige and the whole team need to be better. They all want the same thing.

Reaction Score
You actually took my post seriously?! I was trying politely to indicate how ridiculous your post was. I guess irony is an acquired taste.
sorry what post did I ridiculously write? I take all posts seriously without some type of graphic.

Reaction Score
When your shooting guard leads the team in Points that is good, but being second in rebounds, second in blocks, and first in assists, UConn is lucky to be in the top 5....our team is not playing like a TEAM, where most everyone does their part.

Reaction Score
I believe not even top 15. She impacts both ends of the floor.
She does impact both ends of the floor, but remember they also have Cardosa who arguably is the best center in her class, maybe her or Brink, so they still would have one of the top C's in the country even without Boston, and that would keep them at least in the top 10 IMO.

Reaction Score
sorry what post did I ridiculously write? I take all posts seriously without some type of graphic.
I thought I was responding to someone else. My apologies.

Reaction Score
Paige is clearly the best all around player on the team and brings a complete game every game. CW can be great, but is inconsistent. Others, I believe simply need to find their stride. But yes, it is a team game and all players must contribute to be successful. I firmly believe that Paige just looked tired the 2nd 1/2 vs SC. 3 games in a row just too much to play so much time and not be tired. I imagine she will be fresher next time out vs SC. We shall see. I’m a believer.

Reaction Score
Fortunately, the “over the top gushing” over Paige you are concerned about is coming from adoring fans rather than Paige herself. Everything I’ve heard about her describes a player who constantly deflects praise to the team, enjoys assists more than points, and who does not seek individual glory! Paige just wants to win! According to her coach, she is the hardest working player on the team and and is liked and respected by her teammates.

Reaction Score
Paige is clearly the best all around player on the team and brings a complete game every game. CW can be great, but is inconsistent. Others, I believe simply need to find their stride. But yes, it is a team game and all players must contribute to be successful. I firmly believe that Paige just looked tired the 2nd 1/2 vs SC. 3 games in a row just too much to play so much time and not be tired. I imagine she will be fresher next time out vs SC. We shall see. I’m a believer.
Next time will be on a Thursday in Columbia. UConn plays St. John’s on the preceding Sunday. SCar plays Vandy on Monday. Both teams will be well rested but SCar will Be at home.

Barring UConn bringing snow with them, it will be packed. I thank Geno for this series.

Reaction Score
If not for A. Boston South Carolina might not be #1, without Caitlin Clark Iowa isn’t #8. Without Lebron James, the Lakers don’t win the 2020 title.
What does it matter? Paige is apart of a team. Polls aren’t based on what teams would look like without their superstar players.
And if the Queen had B@ll$ she'd be King...just highlighting your point..lol

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
FYI - the coaches poll still has UConn at #2.

Reaction Score
Would Tennessee be in the Top 15 without Rae Burrell?

They are currently.

They've yet to play a game with Rae Burrell and Jordan Horston in the lineup, and beat two pretty good teams in USF and Texas without Burrell. Their ceiling is probably higher than ~15 once Rae gets back to speed.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Things I think I know: the NC will be won by one of 7 teams:

SC
UConn
NC State
Maryland
Baylor
Indiana
Stanford

Some of these teams have started the season stronger than others, but these have the 7 best rosters in the game; can a Caitlin Clark or Rhyne Howard or Naz Hillmon potentially carry their teams to victory with a virtuoso performance? yes. but 1-5 (or 1-8), I think these 7 are a cut above.

Reaction Score
Things I think I know: the NC will be won by one of 7 teams:

SC
UConn
NC State
Maryland
Baylor
Indiana
Stanford

Some of these teams have started the season stronger than others, but these have the 7 best rosters in the game; can a Caitlin Clark or Rhyne Howard or Naz Hillmon potentially carry their teams to victory with a virtuoso performance? yes. but 1-5 (or 1-8), I think these 7 are a cut above.
Those would be 7 of my 8 choices for the top 8 seeds - at this time.

The 8th could come from a lot of teams, but will probably be the second place PAC school. UCLA and Oregon are really banged up right now but could get it together. Oregon State? Arizona?

Reaction Score
The people who voted in the coaches poll likely actually watched the whole game which was far different than just watching the 4th quarter. UConn looked awful in the 4th, not the first 3(well 2.5). The AP poll sometime I think they just look at the previous poll, the current week scores, and guess. Sort of like I do for some of the teams in the BY poll :)

Reaction Score
I thought Evina Westbrook had a solid performance vs South Carolina. Am I wrong?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom