Men - UConn Fall Ball 2024 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Ball 2024

Reaction Score
UConn did look good, but they were also helped by the fact that Avery Point pitchers gave up a bunch of walks, and their fielders dropped or misplayed a number of balls during the game.

Reaction Score
UConn did look good, but they were also helped by the fact that Avery Point pitchers gave up a bunch of walks, and their fielders dropped or misplayed a number of balls during the game.
Dalena, Minick (2), Garbo and MacArthur all with HR's. Love the lefty righty balance of the lineup. Biller will be a fan favorite the way he plays. Pitchers all pounded the strike zone with good velo.

Reaction Score

I had to leave the game early after the 5th inning, I was wondering if Aidan Dougherty got any playing time late in the game.

Reaction Score
Dalena, Minick (2), Garbo and MacArthur all with HR's. Love the lefty righty balance of the lineup. Biller will be a fan favorite the way he plays. Pitchers all pounded the strike zone with good velo.
Tell us more about Biller….

Wasn’t able to make it hoping to get up there for army which will be a more competitive game. Excited to see new Hook C players and see what their roles MIGHT be on this team.

Reaction Score

Wasn’t able to make it hoping to get up there for army which will be a more competitive game. Excited to see new Hook C players and see what their roles MIGHT be on this team.
Pssst - Army is @ West Point.

Reaction Score
Some notes:
Weekend rotation looks like Van Emon, Cooke, Ellisen. Each got the ball for two innings a piece before ball was turned over to bullpen arms starting with Mach who looked solid against his former team.

I really like the way Ellisen is throwing the ball. Velo looking good.

Coaching staff might be grooming Suchy as a two way player. The freshman LHP took some ABs starting in the 6th. Suchy was interestingly an all state Pitcher and OF down in VA last year.

Lots of depth in the field and at the plate. This may be the deepest roster yet.

MacArthur is a big boy who can swing the bat and also has a good eye at the plate. He was originally the designated hitter but then spelled Delena at 1B.

The HRs that Dalena and Minick (x2) hit were beauties. The first Minick HR was a line drive into the home bullpen that probably did not go more than 50 feet off of the ground.

Beau Root has an interesting slap like approach at the plate from the left side. First AB hit a triple to RF. Kid has speed.

Ryan Daniels is back and looks to be healthy!

Rispoli, Belisario, Larose all solid young infielders in the program. See potential in all three.

Lane spelled Garbowski behind the plate. Both are very solid options defensively. Tirado and Oates all got ABs. I wouldn't be surprised if Tirado gets some ABs this year as a freshmen.

Agree with the above comment on Biller. Seems like he is going to be a fun one to watch. He batted 2nd behind Shpur.

Reaction Score
Some notes:
Weekend rotation looks like Van Emon, Cooke, Ellisen. Each got the ball for two innings a piece before ball was turned over to bullpen arms starting with Mach who looked solid against his former team.

I really like the way Ellisen is throwing the ball. Velo looking good.

Coaching staff might be grooming Suchy as a two way player. The freshman LHP took some ABs starting in the 6th. Suchy was interestingly an all state Pitcher and OF down in VA last year.

Lots of depth in the field and at the plate. This may be the deepest roster yet.

MacArthur is a big boy who can swing the bat and also has a good eye at the plate. He was originally the designated hitter but then spelled Delena at 1B.

The HRs that Dalena and Minick (x2) hit were beauties. The first Minick HR was a line drive into the home bullpen that probably did not go more than 50 feet off of the ground.

Beau Root has an interesting slap like approach at the plate from the left side. First AB hit a triple to RF. Kid has speed.

Ryan Daniels is back and looks to be healthy!s

Rispoli, Belisario, Larose all solid young infielders in the program. See potential in all three.

Lane spelled Garbowski behind the plate. Both are very solid options defensively. Tirado and Oates all got ABs. I wouldn't be surprised if Tirado gets some ABs this year as a freshmen.

Agree with the above comment on Biller. Seems like he is going to be a fun one to watch. He batted 2nd behind Shpur.

I had pretty much the same thought on the weekend starting rotation being Van Emon, Cooke, and Ellisen when they pitched the early innings in the game.

Curious, what was the final score? UConn was up 21-0 after 5 innings.

Reaction Score
I had to leave the game early after the 5th inning, I was wondering if Aidan Dougherty got any playing time late in the game.
He got up later in the game and got a hit between 1st and 2nd to drive in a run.

Reaction Score
I had pretty much the same thought on the weekend starting rotation being Van Emon, Cooke, and Ellisen when they pitched the early innings in the game.

Curious, what was the final score? UConn was up 21-0 after 5 innings.
27-0. Uconn pitching zero walks

Reaction Score

just a gamer. Runs like his hairs on fire. Reminds me a little of Zach Bushling at the plate. He's in swing mode on every pitch and backs off at the last possible second if it's not to his liking.

Reaction Score
Has there been any updates on Galusha’s recovery and outlook for the spring? Seems Abadessa and Schild are well on their way back.

Galusha was mentioned quite a bit last summer/early fall as inferring a big role last spring…it seems that’s a recipe for some quality depth.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
@dbmill 14th? I've never heard that before when it was clearly not a tie game. I assume this is something they agree upon ahead of time to get lots of players some time. Good idea if so and makes the trip more worth it since it's a one-off.

Reaction Score
@dbmill 14th? I've never heard that before when it was clearly not a tie game. I assume this is something they agree upon ahead of time to get lots of players some time. Good idea if so and makes the trip more worth it since it's a one-off.
Correct. Probably a away to get more action out of a limited number of allowable games during the fall. Pretty clever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom