Men - UConn Fall Ball 2024 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Fall Ball 2024

Reaction Score

Drew Kron was in the transfer portal this summer. However he is listed on the fall ball roster. That is the only surprise listing. All other players who were not in the portal who had eligibility remaining are back with the team. Also, as far as incoming recruiters go, they were all reported in the Boneyard UConn baseball recruiting thread, so there are no other surprises to report at this point. That is something I have never seen before.

Reaction Score
Drew Kron was in the transfer portal this summer. However he is listed on the fall ball roster. That is the only surprise listing. All other players who were not in the portal who had eligibility remaining are back with the team. Also, as far as incoming recruiters go, they were all reported in the Boneyard UConn baseball recruiting thread, so there are no other surprises to report at this point. That is something I have never seen before.

There were 5 UConn players in the transfer portal this summer. Of the 5, Kron is the only one on the UConn fall ball roster.

Reaction Score
22 new players are on the fall ball roster. 10 of them are high school recruits and 12 are transfers from various colleges.

Reaction Score
Roster is buoyed by a group of guys that I would not have pegged to still be on the roster in 25 when season ended (due to potential pro options or graduation)... Cooke, Garbowski, Sullivan, Van Emon, Shpur, Afthim, Ellisen, Alejandro. Penders seems to have a knack of getting kids to stay on with the program to exhaust all of their eligibility.

Transfer experience at the D1 level coming in by way of Biller, Groen, Caruso, Shaw, Pudvar, Hutchinson, Meyers, Garbinski is solid. Plus the ability added by the non D1 transfers Dougherty, MacArthur, Root, and Hamburger all seem plug and play from day 1.

Keeping Kron on with the program is also good news. I am a fan of his speed and defensive ability.

Garbowski being back is key with the stable of three young but talented catchers behind him.

Top of rotation should penciled in with Van Emon and Cook, lots of solid options for third weekend spot. Back end of bullpen should be anchored by Afthim again.

Roster seems deeper than last year. May be tough for freshmen to crack into meaningful roles. It should be another competitive season.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I really liked what I saw from Schild. He was done so early it is like having a new recruit come into the program. Additionally, Abedessa was gone all last year, so it is like 2 really good arms as additions.

Reaction Score
Roster is buoyed by a group of guys that I would not have pegged to still be on the roster in 25 when season ended (due to potential pro options or graduation)... Cooke, Garbowski, Sullivan, Van Emon, Shpur, Afthim, Ellisen, Alejandro. Penders seems to have a knack of getting kids to stay on with the program to exhaust all of their eligibility.

Transfer experience at the D1 level coming in by way of Biller, Groen, Caruso, Shaw, Pudvar, Hutchinson, Meyers, Garbinski is solid. Plus the ability added by the non D1 transfers Dougherty, MacArthur, Root, and Hamburger all seem plug and play from day 1.

Keeping Kron on with the program is also good news. I am a fan of his speed and defensive ability.

Garbowski being back is key with the stable of three young but talented catchers behind him.

Top of rotation should penciled in with Van Emon and Cook, lots of solid options for third weekend spot. Back end of bullpen should be anchored by Afthim again.

Roster seems deeper than last year. May be tough for freshmen to crack into meaningful roles. It should be another competitive season.
agree on the freshman finding playing time. Lane as the #2 catcher is probably the most likely to contribute this year. Cooke, VanEmon, Ellisen, Schild, Sullivan in my opinion are the front runners to start. This could be a pre-season top 25 team with the returning talent and transfers. They should dominate the Big East this year.

Reaction Score
agree on the freshman finding playing time. Lane as the #2 catcher is probably the most likely to contribute this year. Cooke, VanEmon, Ellisen, Schild, Sullivan in my opinion are the front runners to start. This could be a pre-season top 25 team with the returning talent and transfers. They should dominate the Big East this year.
I would think Brady’s innings are gonna double compared to last season. If Sully’s do that’ll probably be a good indicator.

The concern for finding HR production leading into this season seems much higher then last year imo.

Reaction Score
Add Galusha and Peters back from injury as well as Daniels.
definitely going to be some battles this fall and winter for innings for pitchers. Got to be the most pitchers Coach Mac has had to work with.

Reaction Score
I really liked what I saw from Schild. He was done so early it is like having a new recruit come into the program. Additionally, Abedessa was gone all last year, so it is like 2 really good arms as additions.
Add Galusha and Peters back from injury as well as Daniels.

Schild and Abbadessa both looked good on the mound in a few games for UConn before they got hurt, so that is why we especially are waiting to see how they look on the mound when they are able to pitch again for UConn.

Reaction Score
Went up to the game with my sons tonight. Beautiful night. Was mildly annoyed that UConn as an athletics program NEVER seems to capitalize on nights like these. Serve food. Serve ice cream. Serve beer. Drag a food truck up there. Anything. Whatever, had a nice time anyway.

IMG_5917.jpeg

A couple new faces in the starting lineup (this wasn’t batting order)

1B - Dalena
2B - Daniels
3B - Minick
SS - Padilla
LF - Biller
CF - Shpur
RF - Groen
C - Garbowski
DH - Macarthur
SP - Van Emon

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Learned through that Twitter feed that Wayne Graham passed. Devastating, that man is a Texas legend.

We looked great tonight, go Minick!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom