UConn Fall 2017 Applications Due January 15 | The Boneyard

UConn Fall 2017 Applications Due January 15

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Everyone get your SAT scores in ASAP! ;)

Drew

Reaction Score

Congratulations to all those admitted! Any Boneyarders have a relative that has been admitted to UConn for the Fall of 2017?

Reaction Score

Congratulations to all those admitted! Any Boneyarders have a relative that has been admitted to UConn for the Fall of 2017?

My cousin got her acceptance letter the other day! Trying to sway her to Storrs.

Reaction Score
A co-worker of mine's daughter got her letter last week. She is looking to run XC and T&F up there. Got a couple offers from other schools too. I keep nudging...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any Boneyarders have a relative that has been admitted to UConn for the Fall of 2017?
My oldest daughter!

She's been visiting campus since she was born but hasn't given serious thought to attending in recent years; like many kids she wants to go to school out of state. I had her apply anyway but have never pushed it.

Crazily enough, after having a private college counselor, applying to more than a dozen schools, getting accepted to all of them and visiting even more, she's now seriously considering it. Funny how well it stands up to lots of other places on lots of fronts.

Yesterday we decided on whim to take a trip up for today's game. Despite having attended dozens of them in her life, today was the first time she looked at it through the eyes of a prospective student. We checked out a lot more of the campus and then Storrs Center for the first time for both of us. That was a winner. Definitely gave more appeal for her, and was cooler than I was expecting. Still a bit sterile--kind of feels like a movie set--but definite potential.

Still very much in the mix--even moreso after today.

She'll go back for a proper tour and we'll take it from there.

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
My oldest daughter!

She's been visiting campus since she was born but hasn't given serious thought to attending in recent years; like many kids she wants to go to school out of state. I had her apply anyway but have never pushed it.

Crazily enough, after having a private college counselor, applying to more than a dozen schools, getting accepted to all of them and visiting even more, she's now seriously considering it. Funny how well it stands up to lots of other places on lots of fronts.

Yesterday we decided on whim to take a trip up for today's game. Despite having attended dozens of them in her life, today was the first time she looked at it through the eyes of a prospective student. We checked out a lot more of the campus and then Storrs Center for the first time for both of us. That was a winner. Definitely gave more appeal for her, and was cooler than I was expecting. Still a bit sterile--kind of feels like a movie set--but definite potential.

Still very much in the mix--even moreso after today.

She'll go back for a proper tour and we'll take it from there.
Did she wind up choosing UConn?

Drew

Reaction Score
My cousin got her acceptance letter the other day! Trying to sway her to Storrs.

Hopefully you are persuasive and convinced her to go to school in Storrs!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did she wind up choosing UConn?
No, she didn't. It made her final two but she chose Loyola University Maryland, which I think was the better choice for her under the circumstances.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom