UConn Fall 2017 Applications Due January 15

Discussion in 'Alumni stuff' started by Drew, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew Its a post, about nothing!

Everyone get your SAT scores in ASAP! ;)

2. Drew

Drew Its a post, about nothing!

Congratulations to all those admitted! Any Boneyarders have a relative that has been admitted to UConn for the Fall of 2017?

3. UConnTrumbull

UConnTrumbull Simba Walker on Twitter

My cousin got her acceptance letter the other day! Trying to sway her to Storrs.

Drew likes this.
  4. Hamms30

Hamms30

A co-worker of mine's daughter got her letter last week. She is looking to run XC and T&F up there. Got a couple offers from other schools too. I keep nudging...

5. 8893

8893 Curiouser

My oldest daughter!

She's been visiting campus since she was born but hasn't given serious thought to attending in recent years; like many kids she wants to go to school out of state. I had her apply anyway but have never pushed it.

Crazily enough, after having a private college counselor, applying to more than a dozen schools, getting accepted to all of them and visiting even more, she's now seriously considering it. Funny how well it stands up to lots of other places on lots of fronts.

Yesterday we decided on whim to take a trip up for today's game. Despite having attended dozens of them in her life, today was the first time she looked at it through the eyes of a prospective student. We checked out a lot more of the campus and then Storrs Center for the first time for both of us. That was a winner. Definitely gave more appeal for her, and was cooler than I was expecting. Still a bit sterile--kind of feels like a movie set--but definite potential.

Still very much in the mix--even moreso after today.

She'll go back for a proper tour and we'll take it from there.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Drew likes this.