Uconn Facebook Announcement ?? | The Boneyard

Uconn Facebook Announcement ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HuskyBandDad said:
Uconn Facebook page says two big announcements coming in 2 days concerning Uconn athletics. Any idea what this could be?? AAU + B1G ??

$3m donation for a soccer stadium is supposedly one of them. Haven't heard anything about the other though.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
That's some positive thinking.

Didn't they do this before? What was that announcement???

Soccer stadium more realistic.

:-(

Reaction Score
I didn't see anything on the UConn facebook page about an announcement.

LOL A soccer stadium? Wow. Such big news!

Reaction Score
Uconn Facebook page says two big announcements coming in 2 days concerning Uconn athletics. Any idea what this could be?? AAU + B1G ??

UConnClubOct 10, 7:36pm via Twitter for iPhone
Stay tuned to the @UConnClub for two major announcements coming up this week! pic.twitter.com/33qTJciiMh

2.jpg

Reaction Score
I didn't see anything on the UConn facebook page about an announcement.

LOL A soccer stadium? Wow. Such big news!
I am not on Facebook but my wife showed me the announcement just made about 1 hour ago.

Reaction Score
HuskyBandDad said:
I am not on Facebook but my wife showed me the announcement just made about 1 hour ago.

The other has to be related to basketball based on the picture. If it's not a new conference, new arena is my guess/hope.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Wonder if it will be a Hockey/Basketball arena type. Hopefully they'll be two separate buildings but anything that upgrades Gampel and leaves more games On Campus is a bonus in my book

Reaction Score
jacobscourant3:39pm via Twitter Web Client
Former UConn soccer player Tony Rizza to make biggest gift in UConn athletics history of $8 million for new soccer stadium.
This donation gives the University enough money to move the soccer stadium, and move the football practice field out behind Schenkman (it will be perpendicular to Schenkman, making it look like a T from the air). It also allows them to do more facility improvements, in addition to building the new ice hockey barn/team facility (which is in the final planning stages and should be announced relatively soon). The original athletic facilities master plan had a new soccer stadium, baseball stadium, softball stadium
http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/02/athletics-establishes-stadium-enhancement-funds/
The ice hockey barn/team facility was added to the list and pushed to the front when we joined Hockey East.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The other announcement is the naming rights being sold for bb practice gym

Reaction Score
Woud a savvy investment manager make this investment in his alma mater if he didn't have assurances that there would positive returns? Like an invite to play top level conference soccer in a few years

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Happy to hear about a new soccer stadium. UCONN soccer program is one of the better programs in the country.

I have no idea what the basketball announcement could be. Maybe it's a scheduling announcement (ex - Pitt)? Or maybe it's something related to the fundraising goal for the practice facility being completely raised?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Woud a savvy investment manager make this investment in his alma mater if he didn't have assurances that there would positive returns? Like an invite to play top level conference soccer in a few years
Yes - tax write off.

Great effort on your part though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member