UConn eyes $5M campus property sale for autonomous vehicle test track, research facility | The Boneyard

UConn eyes $5M campus property sale for autonomous vehicle test track, research facility

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The farmers are going to be pissed. Depot is protected farmland. I'll believe this when I see it.

Reaction Score
The truck and bus heading toward each other in the same lane would indicate they still haven't worked out all the kinks in the system.

Reaction Score
The farmers are going to be pissed. Depot is protected farmland. I'll believe this when I see it.
Farmland? Isn't it currently occupied by the engineering buildings, the ruins of Mansfield Training Scool and a minimum security prison? Doubt a test track will raise much fuss. Except for the fact the Town of Mansfield would be upset if you sent them roses.

Reaction Score
BTW, since a test track takes up a lot of land and much of it isn't used. Any chance they incorporate a golf course?

Reaction Score
Farmland? Isn't it currently occupied by the engineering buildings, the ruins of Mansfield Training Scool and a minimum security prison? Doubt a test track will raise much fuss. Except for the fact the Town of Mansfield would be upset if you sent them roses.
The Town of Mansfield supports the project.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

There is a lot more land back there. UConn promised to develop it as designated farmland as mitigation for the tech park. They could possibly squeeze it in or alter their commitment in some fashion, but given how UConn does things, this isn't happening quickly if at all.

Reaction Score
There is a lot more land back there. UConn promised to develop it as designated farmland as mitigation for the tech park. They could possibly squeeze it in or alter their commitment in some fashion, but given how UConn does things, this isn't happening quickly if at all.
From this article its appears that mitigation was done in 2016. Did it not happened?

Reaction Score
From this article its appears that mitigation was done in 2016. Did it not happened?

I could be mistaken, but the map to me indicates the area around the compost facility north of route 44. The new track facility is the SW corner of the old training school south of Route 44.

Reaction Score
BTW, since a test track takes up a lot of land and much of it isn't used. Any chance they incorporate a golf course?
They could probably do the track, the stadium, and a golf course. Use the track for tailgating on game day like the old Rentschler Field.

Or how about Carriage House Stadium? I can't believe those houses are STILL standing.

1666105952465.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom