UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/20/17-12/22/17 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/20/17-12/22/17

Reaction Score
Yes. I decided to not raise the issue as this is a feel good day, but that messaging was odd, to say the least. Also, Dillon Harris can't sign as he will be at LCC next year.

Yup - Harris has been moved to 2019 Commits/Offers side of the house...

Reaction Score
The way RE2.0 and the staff are using the former players is fantastic. This is real program-building kind of stuff. I'm sure the recruits notice.

I was going to mention the same thing. It's a great touch. Glad to see the alumni are allowed back in the building!!

It's great to see that RE2 & Co are ramping up the involvement of our former stars! If Diaco was still here, he would've been in front of the Burton Complex swatting away any former players daring enough to threaten his new culture build....idiot! #justdoesntgetit

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Love these videos of former players commenting on the recruits. Dan O is dying to be in a booth or studio. :) He is great and deserves it.

I absolutely love that they got the former UConn NFL players to comment on recruits in their respective areas of expertise! Fantastic job by the folks who created those videos. And Danny O even taught me a new term; the "Double Move Bubble Pump"... :eek:

Reaction Score
General comment.....Love the early signing period. The only coaches who do not like it are the elite coaches that can easily fill their classes and have the luxury of turning away potential commits. The elite coaches like playing the recruiting games with grey shirts and trying to get 5-star prospects to flip on or around signing day. They also have to deal with the unknown of players going to the draft. The other entity that does not like it are the recruiting services who no longer have full attention for 1 day in February.

For the vast majority of coaches cementing the commitments from the bulk of the class in December allows for a much more focused recruiting push for the February signing period. UConn has 19 players that they don't need to worry about. They also don't need to waste recruiting time and money on others that have signed early with other schools.

Reaction Score
Ouch!!! ;)

I love that shade he's throwing down. And I really like the fact that Obi did the DB tapes even though he wasn't an "Edsall guy". That tells me that Edsall really does mean "all of our former players"...

It hurts to see Obi's brother go to Syracuse and Foley's brother commit to Rutgers last year. One of Diaco's many faults was his inability to build on the past and create a generational feel to UConn football. Losing a ton of games also doesn't help.

Reaction Score
It hurts to see Obi's brother go to Syracuse and Foley's brother commit to Rutgers last year. One of Diaco's many faults was his inability to build on the past and create a generational feel to UConn football. Losing a ton of games also doesn't help.

You can’t expect Obi or Foley to endorse Diaco and push for their brothers to come here. I’d question the intelligence of any player who didn’t steer their brothers away from the used car salesman.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I like the beef in the first 19. Football is won and lost with the Big Uglies in the trenches.

Also I am noticing that a few of the DBs/WRs are wearing #6 in the introdutory photo. Is Edsall renewing his pledge to give that number to a mentoring upperclassman leader who most exemplifies Jasper Howard? Kashif Moore wore #6 in 2011, but then Jhavon Williams took it as a freshman and Eddie Hahn currently wears #6.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You can’t expect Obi or Foley to endorse Diaco and push for their brothers to come here. I’d question the intelligence of any player who didn’t steer their brothers away from the used car salesman.

Edsall's return predates 2017 national signing day.

TBCH, I watched Ifeatu in his MIAA Super Bowl. It was only one game, but I remember being pretty unimpressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom