UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

UConn Early Signing Day Thread/Info for 12/19/18-12/21/18

C

Chief00

He is really a fantastic signing. Brings speed, vision, and can catch.

There are some immediate impact signings here. Very happy right now.

Just trying to understand, given his average per carry, why he did not have more attempts?

C

Chief00

No. Seriously, it shouldn't. We have to win games to change the narrative -- not do better than expected in recruiting rankings. It will take time. No quick fixes.
Given our many deficiencies, we need both quality and volume. A start, but time will tell. We also can’t let low recruiting expectations blind us to the type of quality that will make a difference. We need a strong February group.

Reaction Score
Just trying to understand, given his average per carry, why he did not have more attempts?

Toledo was talent rich at running back. Bryant Koback and Shakif Seymour are also excellent backs. In 2016 he played behind pretty decent backs named Kareem Hunt and Terry Swanson and last year he played with all MAC back Swanson. His frame will never let him get 250 carries, but he is electric when he is in the field as his stats show. 100 or so carries would be ideal.

This is just a fantastic signing.

Reaction Score
Given our many deficiencies, we need both quality and volume. A start, but time will tell. We also can’t let low recruiting expectations blind us to the type of quality that will make a difference. We need a strong February group.

I would like to see four more JUCO/Grad transfers. Hinton and Thompkins are just the type of players we need right now. I remain confident in HCRE ability to identify talent, but we can’t be playing them as true frosh. We saw what happened there. Get some transfers and JUCOs so the younger guys can sit and develop.

Reaction Score
Toledo was talent rich at running back. Bryant Koback and Shakif Seymour are also excellent backs. In 2016 he played behind pretty decent backs named Kareem Hunt and Terry Swanson and last year he played with all MAC back Swanson. His frame will never let him get 250 carries, but he is electric when he is in the field as his stats show. 100 or so carries would be ideal.

This is just a fantastic signing.
Totally agree. Great assessment

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I would like to see four more JUCO/Grad transfers. Hinton and Thompkins are just the type of players we need right now. I remain confident in HCRE ability to identify talent, but we can’t be playing them as true frosh. We saw what happened there. Get some transfers and JUCOs so the younger guys can sit and develop.
I think Randy understands he needs to win now. The grad transfers help us do that.

Reaction Score

Justin Moore is a 6-3 240lb DE from Texas Christian Academy in Addison Texas. Formerly committed to Rice University. Other offers from Air Force, ArkState, Columbia, Georgetown, Houston, LaTech, Louisiana-Monroe, Princeton, Texas Tech, Texas State and Tulane. Highlights

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Justin Moore is a 6-3 240lb DE from Texas Christian Academy in Addison Texas. He is currently committed to Rice University. Other offers from Air Force, ArkState, Columbia, Georgetown, Houston, LaTech, Louisiana-Monroe, Princeton, Texas Tech, Texas State and Tulane. Highlights

Service academy offers and Ivy offers were tell tale signs of recruits under RE 1.0.

Reaction Score
This has to be an imposter Chief00....:D Just trying to understand and putting out a question before the answer, YIKES ...:confused:
Just kidding chief, I had the same question often about Max DeLorenzo as his YPC was above those in front of him. He also had the ability to pass block and catch out of the backfield. Looked simply like coaches decision.
Many RB's have misleading numbers due to the fact a 70 yd run can easily make up for the last 3 carries for a loss.
I look forward to seeing him here as he looks like one with lots of moves and hard to tackle. Then again it remains to be seen soon. Highlight films are just that, only showing the best plays.

C

Chief00

This has to be an imposter Chief00....:D Just trying to understand and putting out a question before the answer, YIKES ...:confused:
Just kidding chief, I had the same question often about Max DeLorenzo as his YPC was above those in front of him. He also had the ability to pass block and catch out of the backfield. Looked simply like coaches decision.
Many RB's have misleading numbers due to the fact a 70 yd run can easily make up for the last 3 carries for a loss.
I look forward to seeing him here as he looks like one with lots of moves and hard to tackle. Then again it remains to be seen soon. Highlight films are just that, only showing the best plays.

Maybe they should have a stat for medium yards per carry

Reaction Score

Justin Moore is a 6-3 240lb DE from Texas Christian Academy in Addison Texas. Formerly committed to Rice University. Other offers from Air Force, ArkState, Columbia, Georgetown, Houston, LaTech, Louisiana-Monroe, Princeton, Texas Tech, Texas State and Tulane. Highlights

Still missing from 247 and I still haven't received a response to my e-mail. Must be something I said....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom