UCONN e-mail address? | The Boneyard

UCONN e-mail address?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
He may have been joking. After all the season ticket holders watched a UCONN practice and saw how bad the scrubs are, they can stop sending me e-mails about giving them more playing time. What is this e-mail address?

Reaction Score
He may have been joking. After all the season ticket holders watched a UCONN practice and saw how bad the scrubs are, they can stop sending me e-mails about giving them more playing time. What is this e-mail address?

As compared to the Five potential All Americans( I predict Chrystal will be AA soon) sStarters with combined 16 years experience they subbed for and the Bench has eight years experience ? very few minutes minutes comparatively!

Reaction Score
Geno didn't say that. He referred to the freshmen. I very much doubt the word "scrubs" is something he's ever used to describe athletes who work as hard as the All-Americans.

The email address isn't hard to find if you look around a bit, you research scrub. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Geno didn't say that. He referred to the freshmen. I very much doubt the word "scrubs" is something he's ever used to describe athletes who work as hard as the All-Americans. The email address isn't hard to find if you look around a bit, you research scrub. :)

Did he say scrubs? No. I did. Until they improve they will remain scrubs. It is just a gentle encouragement to improve.;) Oh! See how this works? You refer to me as a research scrubs. So I go find the e-mail for Shea. I am no longer a research scrubs. Motivation!
He did say to the season ticket holders: now that you have seen how poorly they practice, maybe you will stop sending us e-mails to give them game minutes. Go to the 32:20 mark in the video below. BTW at the 29:35 mark Geno reveals the most improved player outside of the top 7 players. Who is it? Bet you are wrong!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Did he say scrubs? No. I did. Until they improve they will remain scrubs. It is just a gentle encouragement to improve.;) Oh! See how this works? You refer to me as a research scrubs. So I go find the e-mail for Shea. I am no longer a research scrubs. Motivation!
He did say to the season ticket holders: now that you have seen how poorly they practice, maybe you will stop sending us e-mails to give them game minutes. Go to the 32:20 mark in the video below.

Glad you were motivated! :)

yes, I was there, so I heard it in person and I was not so gently disagreeing with your continuing characterization of non-starters as scrubs. Who do you precisely mean? Would you call that person a scrub to their face or to their parents' faces? I think a litmus test for a public forum like this is to be willing to say in public what we write sitting behind our computers. So, if you say you'd call that person a scrub face-to-face, okay. Maybe you and I just have an honest disagreement about what a scrub means in sports.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Glad you were motivated! :)

yes, I was there, so I heard it in person and I was not so gently disagreeing with your continuing characterization of non-starters as scrubs. Who do you precisely mean? Would you call that person a scrub to their face or to their parents' faces? I think a litmus test for a public forum like this is to be willing to say in public what we write sitting behind our computers. So, if you say you'd call that person a scrub face-to-face, okay. Maybe you and I just have an honest disagreement about what a scrub means in sports.

I grew up in a sports culture were scrub was used to insult/motivate players to improve because it felt soooo damn great when the coach and your teammates said you were no longer a scrub. If you stayed a scrub, a coach was eventually going to tell you you should try another sport ... like the band ... and become a rock star. This actually happen to a classmate of Mrs. SVC. He joined the band. He played for two mega-rock groups, wrote songs you have heard, and produced records. Yeah, he knew he was not a scrub in the music game. Yeah, we just have to agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
I grew up in a sports culture were scrub was used to insult/motivate players to improve because it felt soooo damn great when the coach and your teammates said you were no longer a scrub. If you stayed a scrub, a coach was eventually going to tell you you should try another sport ... like the band ... and become a rock star. This actually happen to a classmate of Mrs. SVC. He joined the band. He played for two mega-rock groups, wrote songs you have heard, and produced records. Yeah, he knew he was not a scrub in the music game. Yeah, we just have to agree to disagree.
Well, sort of. But you say yourself that the term, as you understand it, is used to "insult/motivate" players. But when you use it here, are you motivating anyone? Or are you just insulting them? I guess that's what I'm responding to: you see the word as a negative and yet you use it to refer to young people who have no recourse to react or "be motivated." So, it comes off as just an insult.

Reaction Score

You can look it up in the Uconn directory. @uconn.edu (not a valid address)

\

Reaction Score
Interesting e-mail directory. No Geno, no Chris. Everyone else. UCONNHUSKIES.COM :: University Of Connecticut Official Athletic Site

It is not uncommon for D1 programs to not have head & associate coaches email addresses publicly displayed. I have a friend who is associate head coach at one of the top ACC baseball programs; when his email address was publicly displayed, there were days when he had over 500 new messages in his inbox - he said he averaged between 150-200 a day until they took the email addresses off of their directory.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is not uncommon for D1 programs to not have head & associate coaches email addresses publicly displayed. I have a friend who is associate head coach at one of the top ACC baseball programs; when his email address was publicly displayed, there were days when he had over 500 new messages in his inbox - he said he averaged between 150-200 a day until they took the email addresses off of their directory.

I'm a little surprised to see any of the coaches e-mails in the directory given the tendencies of "fans".

Reaction Score
I'm a little surprised to see any of the coaches e-mails in the directory given the tendencies of "fans".

Me too. At my buddies joint, they went to a administrative email address for each sport with support staff reviewing messages & forwarding those that should be forwarded; sort of a screening process....

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well, sort of. But you say yourself that the term, as you understand it, is used to "insult/motivate" players. But when you use it here, are you motivating anyone? Or are you just insulting them? Don't care one way or another. I guess that's what I'm responding to: you see the word as a negative and yet you use it to refer to young people who have no recourse to react or "be motivated." So, it comes off as just an insult. Too bad. Deal with it. :D Perhaps you want a society which is a combination of 1984 and Fahrenheit 451. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We're having some fun here, so let's continue.
You call in "print" kids scrubs who chose to go to UConn over many other schools where they would play/start. I know for a fact (because the coach told me) that Molly would have been a star at an so-called elite school.
Many of them might laugh off the comment, but many others--or their parents who might read BY--might feel hurt by it.

Here's a thought experiment.
Several games ago, someone on the game thread referred to a UConn player who missed 2 foul shots at a critical moment as "choking." A lot of folks go angry at that remark and it probably contributed to the decision to move game decisions to the chat room.
Now, if you and are were playing a friendly game of something and I missed a critical shot and you smiled at me and said that I chocked, I'd laugh about it.

Context is everything. It's not that I think the word "scrubs" is a bad word. Very few, if any, words are bad. But context is everything. I think it might be hurtful for some of those kids who play incredibly hard and sacrifice a lot to sit on the bench at UConn when they could be playing elsewhere to be called scrubs. Why not just call them 2nd team or freshmen or some other neutral word?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
We're having some fun here, so let's continue.

You call in "print" kids scrubs who chose to go to UConn over many other schools where they would play/start. I know for a fact (because the coach told me) that Molly would have been a star at an so-called elite school. Relevance? Scrub is a relative term. A scrub at UCONN, perhaps Natalie Butler, can be a serious STAR at George Mason. How a person reacts to the term scrub is part of their psychological makeup. If it bothers you and you don't fight through it, you won't be a player. This is not unlike fighting through Geno's harsh criticism in practice. He knows players with fire in their belly will fight him and show him just what they can do. Others won't and will not see many minutes and only in mop up time. A player in my book is a star player and a reserve player who contributes solid minutes and supports the team. BTW, lately Molly has been fighting out from under the scrub stigma. She has! :D

Many of them might laugh off the comment, but many others--or their parents who might read BY--might feel hurt by it. You know no matter what you or I say; our words will offend someone. I don't believe it is possible to use phrasing that will satisfy everyone. (Yeah, I probably knew I was baiting someone (Gee who?:rolleyes:) when I used the scrub word.) Sometimes the truth hurts but it is best to hear it and deal with it. Maybe not all of it at once. I learned in Toastmasters International when evaluating a speech just give one "biggie" criticism and a few smaller criticisms otherwise you may discourage the speaker. In a new neighborhood eight of us went golfing for fun and to get to know each other. After golf and over brewskis and burgers one father was enthusing about how his son was going to be an NFL pro running back. Eyeballing the father, not quite a medium sized man; I ask how big the son was - 5’7” 165. Someone asked does he start for his high school team – no. A few questions later it was quiet as the father digested the Q&A. Reality was hard but he dealt with it.

Here's a thought experiment. Where is it? :)
Several games ago, someone on the game thread referred to a UConn player who missed 2 foul shots at a critical moment as "choking." A lot of folks go angry at that remark and it probably contributed to the decision to move game decisions to the chat room. Sounds like a lot of folks believe the UCONN players are their grandchildren. :D Hearing the word "choke" is a big nothing. The word choke would bounce right off the UCONN girls. They would either smile and probably laugh or do as Larry Bird did to rookie Reggie Miller who was giving him gas while Bird had two foul shots to shoot. Bird stopped and stared at Miller and said look rookie I am best freaking shooter in the NBA and you are giving me gas. There was a few more freaks but you get the idea.;) Bird sank the two foul shots and proceeded to pour in many more points. Miller said he never trash talked Bird again. It just brought the best out of him. Which is exactly what the UCONN starters plus Z would do.

Now, if you and are were playing a friendly game of something and I missed a critical shot and you smiled at me and said that I chocked, I'd laugh about it. What if I didn’t smile? Would I have fewer teeth? :eek::rolleyes:

Context is everything. It's not that I think the word "scrubs" is a bad word. Very few, if any, words are bad. According to Gorge Carlin no words are bad. When today’s thought police are done; the dictionary will be about 138 pages and there will be no first amendment in the Constitution. :( But context is everything. I think it might be hurtful for some of those kids who play incredibly hard and sacrifice a lot to sit on the bench at UConn when they could be playing elsewhere to be called scrubs. Why not just call them 2nd team or freshmen or some other neutral word? I like Howard Cosell’s mantra, “Tell it like it is.” Am I always insensitive? No. I actually am considerate of people’s feelings relative to serious situations. Sports isn’t one of them. Eventually kids will have to leave the bubble and enter the unvarnished world. They will be better off, if they had some practice while growing up. Actually in school is where the really mean people reside, the other students. Talk about name calling. Yikes! I’m sure Geno’s youth in Norristown was not touchy feely. In practice he is not touchy feely. You know he calls his players much worse and his language is quite blue. Some people who object to me using the scrub word; relative to Geno’s adjectives and blue language just look the other way and say it is just Geno being Geno. Surely you are not one of them?;) So just look away and say it is just SVC being SVC. :D:cool:;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had a number of really good laughs here. I do take your point. When we can have this kind of exchange, it just shows that, whatever words we choose, the larger context of well-meaning exchange counts for a lot more than that. I think you've convinced me; I think....I think.... :)
best,
bags

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom