UConn Duquesne Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Duquesne Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OH NO. Another "comport" when talking with Geno after the game. Does that make this game a comport double header??

Reaction Score
USF loses by 5. They had a great year. They'll be back chasing us again next year. Courtney Williams had 29.

They had their chances, but first a questionable out of bounds possession decision, then a no-rebound on a missed UCLA FT sealed the deal. Ah well.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
You just saw an amazing game
The first two have been not quite like any I remember before
So many weapons
Such suffocating defense
Enjoy this team for the ages.
(I know, I know...you're not supposed to tell people what to do). :)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
This may sound crazy because she's always so incredible, obviously, but did anyone else think Stewie was operating on some even higher level tonight, just as far as flying around all over the place trying to make plays? She looked to me like she was going after rebounds almost as if she was possessed or something.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This may sound crazy because she's always so incredible, obviously, but did anyone else think Stewie was operating on some even higher level tonight, just as far as flying around all over the place trying to make plays? She looked to me like she was going after rebounds almost as if she was possessed or something.
She was possessed.

Reaction Score
Maryland and USF out. ND, USC and Baylor still in. Great game with Katie Lou and Kia only scoring 10 points combined. Geno saw that Katie Lou didn't have it, and he was right to sub her out. I was glad to see her make that 3. We'll need Lou and Kia to score more the deeper we go. Glad to see Napheesa playing so well. If Saniya could give Mo a break here and there, we'll be almost impossible to beat.

Reaction Score
Stewie's 3 blocks in that one sequence, stopped the break the press, and take it to the rim. Opposing coaches, and players, would be better served by saying, we're going to play hard, and leave it at that.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a spoilsport about Stewie's play at the end of the 3rd quarter, but ordinarily a desperation shot like that does not count as a missed field goal attempt. Is it even possible, then, to register a blocked shot on a play where there's no shot attempt?
Normally the block does not count just like the shot.

Reaction Score
The best part about this game? The girls were having FUN. We've seen glimpses here-and-there, like the Moriah-Stewie pseudo feud in the first quarter of the RMU game, but nothing like this. Smiles, laughing, egging each other on...like nothing that I have seen since Showtime in the 80s, with Magic, Kareen & Co. Stewie was INSANE, and it was because of the intensity of the game and the camaraderie on the floor. Moriah ran a Jewell-ee-oop, for crying out loud! Tuck destroyed everything in her path, with her Motherly smile diffusing any ill-will. Nurse was laughing at herself when she made tough defensive and offensive plays. Saniya came in and looked GREAT, Ek was aggressive on defense, Butler finally lost it and attacked a loose ball, Gabby was on her pogo stick, Pheese was...well...the Pheese we expected. And Lou didn't have it, but never stopped looking for it, never got dejected and gave up, and her teammates never gave up on her.

This game took Esprit de Corps to a new level. This is, without a doubt, the best UConn TEAM ever. Argue stats, abilities, depth, etc all you want; this is the best T - E - A - M UConn has ever had on the floor.

...IMMHO...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Maryland and USF out. ND, USC and Baylor still in. Great game with Katie Lou and Kia only scoring 10 points combined. Geno saw that Katie Lou didn't have it, and he was right to sub her out. I was glad to see her make that 3. We'll need Lou and Kia to score more the deeper we go. Glad to see Napheesa playing so well. If Saniya could give Mo a break here and there, we'll be almost impossible to beat.
Before the tourney started, there were 4 teams I was concerned about playing. Two of them--USF and Maryland--are gone. Baylor and ND look tough. SC is good, but a poor matchup against us, I think.

I don't think Miss State has a chance, nor does Texas. UCLA might be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom